Chapter 16

He held it up to the light and they leaped away.

They landed in a small field that was bordered by weird looking oak trees. Sophie spotted a telescope and another rug piled with pillows and blankets.

She gazed up at Keefe and stretched on her tip-toes to whisper something in his ear.

"This is the most romantic thing that anyone has ever done for me" she grinned bashfully. "Thank you"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Keefe leaned to adjust his cape that was nestled around Sophie's shoulders. He pressed a kiss to her temple and snaked his arm around her waist. 

"You better kiss me here otherwise I'm worried Grady will come out and infinitely embarrass me" 

"Fine by me" he replied cheekily.

He pressed a kiss to her lips before straightening up and leading her to the front door. Sophie reached to give him backs his cape but he shook his head.

"You keep it, wear it to school on Monday"

Sophie blushed, it reminded her of when human boys gave their girlfriends their letterman jackets.

(A/N I don't actually live in the US and am not sure if that's actually a thing, or just something on tv and movies. Either way I think it's really sweet)

Before she could say anything the door was flung open. Grady and Edaline were standing in the doorway. The former had a very neutral expression, which was unusual (especially when it came to Keefe), the latter was staring at Sophie and Keefe with a look that only adults could master. The awwww-there-so-cute-and-in-love smile that Sophie was well acquainted with.

Nearly groaning with embarrassment, Sophie gave Keefe a quick peck on the lips and bade him goodnight.

"I'll see you at school" she finished.

"Thank you for bringing Sophie home on time" Grady said in an almost nice voice.

Keefe smiled, obviously pleased with the small progress he'd made on his girlfriends father.

"No problem at all, sir"

Sophie went inside, full preparing to give her parents a scolding.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, sorry this one's slightly short. Next update should be soon but school just started back so it might be a little delayed.

Sorry this update was a little late, I went to Dubbo for a short vacay and didn't have time to write.

Mollie