𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝

Nobody says anything for a while. You eat your food in silence with the two and look around, trying to avoid their gazes. Miyagi's best setter and ace are here, at your University, and in a lot of your classes probably. You should've expected them to be here, after all, this place is known for offering a lot of scholarships for talented athletes.

You still ask yourself how did you managed to get here. It was probably because you were powerful and the best in Miyagi, otherwise, no one would've wanted a lone-wolf player that can't work with a team. The time in the hospital made you realize a lot of things about yourself: who you are, what you are, what you are doing here and what you are going to do from now on... But even so, you still feel like you are lost in a place you don't belong to.

Unknown to you, Oikawa sees the emptiness in your eyes. He had the same look too, after they lost to Karasuno. Ushijima notices it too, how you play and pick at your food. He barely knows you, but hates to see that look on your face. The setter is the first one to speak up.

"So, what are you doing here? You are one year older than us, right?" You lift your eyes from your plate.

"I couldn't go to the exams last year since I was recovering and they allowed me to retake the year," your explanation is short and straight to the point. There was no emotion in your voice, no trace of regret. But Oikawa knows that you are hiding a lot of things behind a stone mask, and maybe he shouldn't press on, but he wants to know. He opens his mouth to ask you something again.

"Recovery? You coughed some blood and fainted. Was it that bad?" You don't say anything else and just nod silently, avoiding to meet his eyes. He doesn't ask anything else and just lets you eat the rest of your food. He saw the match; after all, it was all over the news and magazines. He thought that they took you out of the team because of your style of playing, but this is much worse than he imagined.

As you are done with your food, you get up from your seat, ready to leave and ignore them for the rest of your life if possible, but Shiratorizawa's ex-captain speaks up for the first time.

"You didn't deserve to win that match," he says bluntly. You turn around, glaring at him with a 'huh?' that escapes your lips on an annoyed tone, but he keeps going, "you're powerful and confident in your own strength, but your team doesn't need an ace that cannot devote herself to them. You acted selfish and your body suffered because of it," Oikawa's eyes are wide open at the words coming from the guy next to him. When he looks back at you, he sees how hard you are gripping the tray in your hands. Your jaw is tightly clenched and your eyes most likely have tears in them.

God-fucking-dammit, he needs to teach Ushiwaka some manners, especially when talking to girls.

"I don't need your insults too. Stay away from me and don't speak to me ever again," your voice is barely above a whisper. You turn on your heels and quickly leave the cafeteria without looking back at them.

"How can you be so heartless, really now?!" The setter screams at him, but Ushijima doesn't seem to understand what he is talking about. He told you what he was thinking of you, based on the video he saw too. Oikawa sighs. From all the people from Shiratorizawa, why him? Even their 'Guess Monster' would've been a better companion.

"What do you mean? My heart is fine," he wants to punch him in the guts so hard. 'Calm down, Toru. It's not worth it'. Oikawa looks down at his food; he no longer has the appetite to eat the rest of it.

"(Name)-chan was probably in the hospital for a long time, after all, she said that she had to recover. I'm sure that she reflected on her mistakes every day. They say that your own mind is your worst enemy," he lifts up his finger in an accusatory gesture towards the olive-haired boy, "but you just put more salt on her wounds, you idiot!"