𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Long chapter ahead! Also, there are mentions of domestic abuse; if you are uncomfortable with this topic, please don't read.

Yami is walking towards you, grinning. His blue eyes are filled with bad intentions, you can tell just by how large his grin is.

He's going to chew you up like gum and spit you out when you no longer have flavor. After all, that's what you've always been to him: an object that he can use to satisfy his needs, throwing you away afterwards.

He still has the same stupid haircut: shaved everywhere, just the hair on top of his head is long, bleached and dyed teal blue.

"Well if it isn't my adorable (Name)!" He starts, "you look a whole lot better than the last time I saw you. What are you up to?"

You keep your remarks to yourself, holding back the urge to punch him in the face. You need to get away from him as soon as possible before he starts saying some things you don't want Ushijima to hear.

"Sorry, Yami, I would love to catch up, but I have practice and I need—"

"Oh? You've started playing volleyball again?" Crap. Nononono— "Is jumping on dicks all day no longer your favorite activity?"

Your eyes are wide open. You can't do anything, you're just staring at him, watching as his eyes move from your figure to Ushijima's to check his reaction. Yami smirks.

You should calm down and leave as soon as possible and yet... You grab him by the collar of his shirt, bringing him down to your eye level. But he's not fazed, like he was expecting this to happen.

"My, my, are we finally standing up for ourselves? What happened to your protectors? They've got sick of you already?" His grin gets wider, if possible. It's a sick pleasure for him to tease you like this. You clench your fist, ready to settle the score once and for all.

But you can't bring yourself to actually finish what you've started. Hitting him back would prove that you're no better than him.

"Leave me alone and never come near me again," you let go of him and start walking away as fast as your legs can take you.

Your mind is filled with so many thoughts, that are coming and going at an incredible speed. He did it again: he ruined your life, and you stood there and let him do it.

"That girl will break your heart, big boy. You should stay away from her," Yami tells Ushijima as he passes by him to go after you.

"You are the one that should stay away from her," the ace answers and starts jogging to catch up to you.

He doesn't fully understand what just happened, but he knows that he can't leave you alone in the state that you are right now.

"(Name), wait," he calls after you, but you don't stop. He reaches you and grabs you by the arm. Turning you around, he sees the same sad expression you had when he found you crying on the bench.

"Who was that and why did he say those things to you?" He asks, concerned, though his voice has no emotion. There are still so many things he doesn't know about you, things that you want to keep hidden from him, but life just forces you to spill everything.

"Not here... Let's get home and I'll tell you everything, I promise"

"Okay," his hand slides into yours and he drags you closer to him. This is something he learnt from one of Tendo's shoujo manga. You look up at him with wide eyes, your face already red. "I'm here," he reassures you.

"Oh, umm... T-Thank you, Wakatoshi," Ushijima smiles at you and you begin walking. His palm is large and warm; it's been a while since you've held someone's hand like this, melting into their touch.