𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖆𝖑 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

Welcome to my last a/n on this work, I will rant a lot about what this work means to me; I will also mention the people that supported me and many more things. You don't have to read this, but I would appreciate if you did.

Ahh! It's finally done! "Lead Wings" is probably my first xReader story that I've successfully completed without giving up and unpublishing it half way through. I feel so accomplished with myself, to be honest, knowing that I pushed myself to write and to (try to) publish a chapter every week. 

Let's see... Where do I even begin? I've published this book on May 18th 2020, approximatively 5 months ago. According to Google, it took me 136 days to fully complete it. Of course, when my exams started, I went on hiatus for a month or so. That was the period when I missed writing as it was distracting me from all the stress. 

When I started writing this book, I wasn't fully an Ushijima 'stan' like I am now, meaning that for me he was just another character, but having recently finished season three, I got a lot of ideas for different stories with him. It all started (how many times will I use the word 'start', let's find out) from the scene in chapter two, when you join the training camp.

There are also scenes that were planned and never made it, such as a mountain hiking on Ushijima's birthday, or scenes that weren't planned at all. Initially, this story was supposed to have 15 chapters, then 20 after I've added the 3 ones of smut (shh, don't say shit about my math, I know what I've said), buuut I fucked up my planning with chapter 7 because it was longer than expected. Well, it doesn't really matter anymore.  

I've noticed that my chapters got longer and longer the more we progressed into the story. I'm sorry about that. Especially for the smut ones. Damn, Adel. Fun fact, I hate writing smut, that's why it took me so long to finish the 3rd one, but I wrote the final chapter in a day. I don't know why, I just find them hard to write, especially since I'm not a native speaker. But I still forced myself to write three of them, good job, Adel. (take a sip every time i say 'write')

Another interesting fact is that while for the other characters I use abbreviations such as "didn't" or "you're", for Ushijima, at least in the last few chapters, I've started to write them as "did not" or "you are"; I don't know why, don't ask me.

I feel like sometimes I wrote things too slowly between them, but also too fast? I know that I said that I would give you some established relationship chapters, but that never happened, sorry; of course besides the smut ones. 

In the last chapter, at the end, Ushijima takes your last name. This was just one of the headcannons I have for him and I decided to use it now than never at all. I hope that the story wasn't too cliché with them marrying each other, but I myself want to marry this man so sorry, not sorry. 

Ah, I think this is all I have to say about this work. I'm tearing up as I'm writing this, but all things have to end at one point and I think it's time for "Lead Wings" to come to an end too.

In the end, I want to thank you, my readers, for the constant support by voting or commenting on my chapters; there were days when just a single notification would drive me to write more, even though I was thinking of giving up. Thank you for almost 2k reads and over 100 votes!

I want to thank Luna (tobiosrice) and Lexi (KannaHiko) for being my biggest supporters. I will forever be grateful for your kind words! As for the others that I haven't mentioned, I appreciate you as well!

This story needs editing so I will try to do this as soon as possible. 

And now, I must rest. I am going on hiatus for 2 weeks or more, since college started for me as well, and I need to get accustomed to everything. 

Don't worry, in the mean time I will be working on the next two stories that I will publish, "Double U" and "Nobody But You". I've decided to postpone "Heart of Glass", and frankly I don't even know if I am ever going to write it, but we shall see.

Good-bye! See you soon! 

Adeline