𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

It's been a few weeks since you've started helping the boys' team as a manager, the same amount of time that Ushijima has been on edge. His eyes are always on you. He sees you giving the others water bottles, smiling at them, taping their fingers and even laughing out loud at some weird lines the volleyball player can't understand. Hint: they are pick-up lines.

"Jealousy is a sickness, Ushiwaka-chan," Oikawa tells him one day.

"I don't understand what you mean by that," Ushijima answers. 'Is this how jealousy feels like?' You make him feel things he never felt before towards a person. And he hates it. He hates things that he can't understand, he hates how mushy inside he feels every time you look up at him after taping his fingers.

"Oh, really? That frown of yours says something else~," Oikawa grins widely at him. "Everyone here knows that you two have a thing for each other. But if you're not going to ask her out soon, someone else might," before Oikawa can finish rambling, you join them to hand them their water bottles.

And as you start making conversation with them, smiling and laughing with them, Ushijima feels his anger fading away and his heart lighter.

"I think I'm getting sick," he informs Tendou the next morning, after they finish eating breakfast together. Tendou is shocked. Ushijima rarely gets sick. He takes good care of his body.

"What? For real? Do you want to go and see a doctor?" Ushijima is quiet and then speaks up.

"Oikawa told me that jealousy is a sickness, but I don't know the symptoms for that," Tendou just blinks at him, absent minded. Then it hits him like a truck. He grins at his friend.

"Why did Tooru-kun said that? Are you feeling jealousy towards someone, Wakatoshi-kun?" He chuckles darkly. The big and strong Ushijima Wakatoshi is in love. And the red head is having the time of his life watching his friend being troubled by his feelings.

"I don't know. I just feel angry when (Name) speaks with my teammates and smiles at them"

"Oh? What else do you feel towards (Name)?" Ushijima's gaze is fixated down while he talks.

"My heart beats really fast when she's around. My palms get sweaty and I don't know what to say to her sometimes," Tendou hums and smiles wider. "Well?"

"Well what?"

"Am I actually sick?" Tendou laughs loudly, slapping his own knee.

"Oh, Wakatoshi-kun, you're not sick! You are in love! With (Name)!" Ushijima's eyes are wide open for a few seconds, before he returns to his stoic expression.

"Hmm... I hate it," the other laughs even harder.

"Don't hate it, Wakatoshi-kun! Being in love is wonderful! You should tell (Name) as soon as possible!" The olive-haired frowns at his friend.

"I don't think she feels the same towards me"

"Well, think again 'cause she does! Now hurry up or you'll be late for classes. Tell her after practice and call me afterwards! I want to hear aaaaall the juicy details!" The middle blocker pushes his roommate towards their front door.

"What do I tell her?" Tendou looks up at him and sees, probably for the first time in their years of friendship, the slightly troubled expression of his friend. He gives him a reassuring smile and pats him gently on the back.

"Tell her how you feel, Wakatoshi-kun. Be honest with her. Oh, and make sure that you two are alone! This is how confessions work," Ushijima nods and opens their front door after putting on his shoes.