𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Another long one! Sorry 😅There's alcohol abuse in this chapter and mentioned BokuAka. Also, kind of E-rated towards the end??

Things are finally starting to look better in your life. Yesterday was your last day at the volleyball club and even though it broke your heart having to say good-bye to the children, you were also happy to be free. There is also a practice-match coming soon and you are excited to finally play for real. Not to mention that the collegiate volleyball league starts in December and that gets you even more pumped up.

Plus, you're living on your own now. It's true that you miss your two loud roommates, but they visit you almost daily because they are the ones that feel lonely without you so not much has changed. It's in the same neighborhood so you're still close to school.

College will restart in a few days so you've decided to finally take matters into your own hands and confess your feelings for Shiratorizawa's former captain. Getting to school earlier than needed, you want to catch him alone after his team finishes their practice.

So, here you are, walking towards their gym, with a fast-beating heart, shaky legs and sweaty palms.

Totally not stressed at all.

'Calm down', you tell yourself. There are so many signs that he likes you back. Things will go well, he's not Yami, he'll treat you good. There's no need to hesitate.

Reaching the building, you can already see him standing outside, looking down at something. As you get closer, you realize that there's a person in front of him, a girl. She's so short compared to him, you actually didn't see her the first time as a bush was hiding her. She's looking down and her cheeks are red. She's rubbing her arm in an awkward way.

Oh... She's confessing to him...

You get closer enough to hear him say:

"I don't know who you are. I'm not interested in a relationship at the moment. I'm sorry," his tone is not guilty. Just cold and emotionless. She says that it's okay, thanks him for listening to her and dashes out of there in a second. Ushijima turns around and finds you there with a blank expression on your face.

"For how long have you been there?" You give him a grin, but there is so much pain behind it.

"Enough to hear everything. Why did you refuse her, she was really cute"

"She told me how she felt and I returned the gesture"

"Oh, I see, hahaha..." The atmosphere feels heavy.

"(Name), there is something I've wanted to tell you—"

"Shit! Hahaha, I forgot my other T-shirt at home, I need to go back and get it. Uh, sorry, Wakatoshi, let's talk another time, okay?" You turn on your heels and straight up run from there, not giving him a chance to give you an answer.

You feel stupid for thinking that you had a chance with Ushijima Wakatoshi. It was obvious, you should've realized it from the start: he will never date you because he doesn't care about anything else other than volleyball. He was nice to you because that's what a good friend does. To him, you're just a person that likes the sport as much as he does.

All these thoughts are poisoning your mind, while tears fall down your face.

'Idiot, idiot, idiot. That's what I am. A big fucking idiot for believing that I had a chance with him. From the beginning he stated that he was not looking for a relationship!'

The rest of the day was simply awful. You went home, washed your face and then came back to school, hoping that you wouldn't encountered him again. You didn't, and that made you somehow sad, but you brushed it away. At practice, the coach saw that you weren't in a good mood and sent you home earlier since he didn't want you to injure yourself.