𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

"I'm Ukai (Name) and I'll be your manager from now on. Nice to meet you and thank you for having me!" You bow down and the players gather around you to return the gesture. But holy shit, they are so tall! You were not the shortest player in your team, nor the tallest. But them... all of them must be at least over 185 cm. It feels like you are surrounded by trees, not by humans.

"I'm Arakan Kai, the captain. We'll be in your care now, Ukai-san" His voice is calm and his gaze is soft. 'Is he really the captain though? He must be either really respected by the rest or really scary when mad'

"Woah, when you said that she would be our manager, you weren't kidding," someone next to Ushijima says.

"Why would I joke about something like this?" The Shiratorizawa's former ace asks. Oikawa laughs.

"He doesn't understand how jokes work, Daisuke-kun"

"I do understand how jokes work"

"You do not"

"I do" "Do not" "I do" "Do—"

"Oh my God, shut up!" You snap at them. "I can barely handle your bickering when we eat together! Enough"

"Well, it was his fault, he started it!" Oikawa tries to justify it, but you glare at him and he freezes.

"Y-You three seem really close," Arakan says, rubbing the back of his neck. You must be terrifying if you managed to stop their bickering that quickly, that's what he thinks.

"We're from the same prefecture. Though we haven't met until the first day of college. Everything I've heard about them was from my juniors," Oikawa rolls his eyes and groans.

"There she goes again, talking about her juniors like she was the one training them"

"Aw, are you still mad that they beat your sorry ass and went to the nationals, Great King?"

"Eh? You are from Karasuno?" Someone asks you.

"Yeah, my older brother is their coach and so was my grandfather. Playing volleyball is more like a tradition in our family"

"Speaking of that, may I have a word with you, Ukai?" Their coach has now joined your conversation. He looks older than your former coach; he might be the same age as your grandfather.

"It's about me quitting volleyball and dropping out of college, right?" He opens wide his eyes.

"Yes... I can't understand why would you give up when you're so talented and gifted. Aren't you afraid of what's going to happen to your future?" He sounds pissed for a reason. Maybe because your university lost a few sponsors after your leave.

"I am afraid. I don't know what I am going to do after I return to Miyagi or how my family will react... but it's better than forcing myself to play a sport I'm no longer enjoying. I no longer have a reason to play volleyball"

"I won't try to change your mind, but think more about it. It's a shame to give up that easily"

"Yes, sir," you bow slightly, thanking for the advice.

"Then, let's get back to work. We have a practice match tomorrow"

The players return to their previous positions on the court. You look at them from the side, even though something deep inside begs you to join them. But you refuse to listen.

A few minutes later, a player comes to you in need of a tape job. You don't realize that a pair of olive eyes are watching you as you make small talk with the unknown man. He feels the urge to spike the ball in his head. He hates the way you smile at his teammate.