𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊

Holding your jersey in your hand, you look at the number printed on it: four. The number that's usually given to the ace. You wore it when you fainted and they gave it to you again. Even though you haven't been in an official match for more than a year, they still consider you one of their most valuable players.

Will you be okay? The match today is a 2-3 sets one, so you won't get exhausted that much if you can win both sets consecutively, but you're pretty sure that this isn't going to happen. After all, the team that you are against today has the player that took your place in the top three so they're most likely to win a set for themselves.

"Oi, stop daydreaming and get dressed already! And stop making that depressed face, we are not at a funeral!" Comes Daitan's scolding tone from across the locker room.

"But—"

"No 'but' with me. If the coach decided to pick you as a starting player, it means that he trusts you to do your job. If you get tired, we'll sub you out, but you are not allowed to quit before trying. Where's your pride as a player? Didn't Ushijima Wakatoshi-kun teach you anything?"

"Stop comparing me with him every time I do something, jeez!" Daitan laughs at your flustered face. You finally pull the jersey over your head, shoving the end of it into your shorts.

"So, is it true that you are going out? I've heard people talk about this, but I rarely see you together," asks the vice-captain of your team, wiggling her eyebrows. You give a small nod, covering your face with your towel. The team starts cheering loudly, someone's whistling in the back and some of your senpais come to pat you on the back and to congratulate you. The chaos stops when you hear a knock on the door, followed by your coach's voice, telling you that if you are done getting dressed, you should step outside.

You take a big breath of air, shoving your tracksuit back into your bag, noticing your arm sleeve at the bottom of it. You've no longer needed it as of lately, your left arm getting accustomed with being used for spiking and serving. You've grown a lot in the past months, but you know that it's a long way back to the top, as you get tired faster than before.

But what's probably making you feel so agitated is Ushijima coming to see your match, your first official match.

Back to the stands, Ushijima, Oikawa, Tendou, Bokuto and Kuroo are taking their seats close to the front row. As they begin to talk about your opponent, a bleached-head passes by them to take a look at the court.

"She's not here yet," he mumbles to himself, but the group hears him.

"Yo, Ukai-san!" Kuroo calls for him and the man turns around to find Nekoma's team captain together with the other 3 captains and Shiratorizawa's "Guess Monster".

"What are you all doing here? Don't you have classes or something?"

"Don't you have a team to train? And for your knowledge, we are free today. Why are you here, all the way from Miyagi?" Kuroo grins at him and the older man takes a sit next to them.

"It's my sister's first official match, there's no way I'm missing it. The last one I had to see through a TV screen..."

"Stop thinking about that, Ukai-san! Our (Name) is going to kick their asses today!" Bokuto intervenes, proudly praising you.

"I hope so... Ah, I haven't introduced myself! I'm (Name)'s older brother, Ukai Keishin, though I think that you know me already. I'm Karasuno's coach. I assume that all of you are friends with my sister?"

"I'm not her friend, I'm her boyf—" Tendou slaps his hand on Ushijima's mouth together with Oikawa to stop the volleyball idiot from saying something he shouldn't.