𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

You wake up because of your ringing alarm. You are lucky to have set it last night before going into Ushijima's room... Wait— You jump to grab your phone immediately, remembering where you are. You are alone in the big bed, but his scent and presence still linger there, wrapping around you like his arms did last night.

'What was that? And why didn't I push him away?! Oh God, he might think that I was the one that started cuddling with him'. You get up, but before you leave, you look around the room, since you couldn't see anything last night. It's not big, as expected from a college student; besides the bed, Ushijima has a desk, a mini bookshelf and of course, hand weights lying by the door. To be honest, you weren't expecting anything else from the stoic man.

As you step outside, you find Tendou already drinking his coffee while reading some school materials.

"Oh, good morning! I didn't know that we have another early bird in the house. Coffee?" You yawn, stretching your body and shake your head.

"I have to go back to change my clothes and grab my books so..." you take a sit at their table. "Ushijima left for school already?"

"He went out jogging," Tendou takes a sip from his coffee cup.

"And you wake up at the same time with him every day? The sun is barely out!" He puts the cup down and chuckles.

"Oh, no, no, no. I woke up to prepare something for our dear guest to eat, but then I remember that you have a strict diet. I couldn't fall back asleep though so I started to look over my classes," he flashes you a wide grin and you feel the same chills all over your body, like in the same way you did when you met him. "Speaking of our precious guest, when I woke up and didn't find you on the couch, I assumed that you left in the middle of the night. But my, oh my, when Wakatoshi-kun opened the door of his bedroom and I saw you there... Like, I always knew that Wakatoshi-kun is a quiet guy, but to be that quiet when fu—"

"Stop, stop, stop!" You cover his mouth with your hands and then your red face, totally embarrassed about the position you were caught in. "It was cold! And I—uhm"

"I know, (Name)-chan. He told me," Tendou giggles at you. "But it's nice to see Wakatoshi-kun being so close to a person of the opposite gender. He's always so stiff around girls, we assumed that he was gay at first"

"That's kind of rude... So, is this what he can learn from me? How to be in a relationship with someone?"

"To be more open with the others. You might find it hard to believe, but he looks up to you. You're one year older than him, but you're already a star in the volleyball world. And if you return, I'm sure that the national team will recruit you," Tendou pauses and his smile fades away. He's now looking back at his notes and it seems like he's deeply troubled. "As his friend, I would say that he's like that to girls because he has no interest in something else besides volleyball," his voice drops a tone, "but as someone who's going to work with children, I can say that his coldness is due to the divorce of his parents"

Oh... You just stare at him dumbfounded. Is there an actually way to answer to this? He gets up before you have the chance to say anything.

"Wakatoshi-kun will be back soon. You can wait for him and leave together"

"No, it's okay—" The front door opens and a sweaty Ushijima removes his shoes before stepping inside.

"I'll go shower and change. Wait here," you nod and in less than 10 minutes you are out of the door as Tendou waves at you two before he closes and locks their apartment.

"I'm sorry," Ushijima says after a while of you just walking and not talking, "I didn't mean to grab you like that last night," your face is red again.