side story : part four

Sara p.o.v:

" Well, well, someone is in a good mood " Mom chuckled, peeking at me from the kitchen doorway.

I got a little surprised, I was still in the hallway not too much far from the entrance door as I've only taken a few steps, remembering what happened earlier.

" You scared me, mom! And good evening to you too " I put my hand on my chest, calming down and sighed.

" Good evening, baby girl" dad shouted from the living room.

I heard loud noises, he must be watching TV and like usual forgotten to lower the volume.

" Good evening, dad! " I shouted back at him to hear me since the TV volume is high.

" You're a little late today, aren't you? " Mom said, walking back to the kitchen.

She must be cooking something delicious, because the smell is just wow.

" Uh, sorry. I was with a friend and I totally forgot about the time" I explained, resting my head on the kitchen door frame.

" Aha, I thought that you might have been with Liam. You usually forget the time while being with him" She chuckled, stirring the pot.

Instantly, I got unsettle hearing his name, my chest tightened in discomfort. I bit my lip, looking down.

" By the way, how's he? Things are going well with him in college? " Mom turned, and looked at me with a cheerful curious expression.

I bit my lip more, and crossed my arms with my hands tightly gripping the biceps.

I didn't know how to answer her. Should I say: oh, he's doing great! And he just cheated on me too. So, things are going pretty well!

" Hm? " Mom questioned, tilting her head a bit, but still wearing the same expression of before.

" I don't. We weren't speaking, those days " I gripped my biceps tighter.

Mom raised an eyebrow, and looked at me, she asked " is everything alright between you two? "

I looked at her, her face was showing extreme concern and worry. I didn't see her make that expression ever what happened in middle school. I opened my mouth wanting to say something, then closed, pressing my lips firmly.

" Yeah... yeah. Everything is alright, he's just too busy with college" I faked a smile, and nodded a bit.

" Oh, okay. It makes sense college is still something new to him " mom expression changed from worry to relief, smiling at me.

" Ah! I almost forgot dinner " mom yelled startled with her eyes widening, before turning around quickly.

" I'm going to my room, " I said in a low tone, dragging my feet towards the stairs.

" You're going to eat dinner with us today, aren't you? " Mom asked, still busy cooking the food.

" Uh, I just ate so... " I answered, stepping on the first stair.

" What?... But I cooked all this food for you " mom shouted from the kitchen. I could hear both disappointment and anger in her voice, but I could hear a sadness in it too.

" That's why you took this long preparing it... " I whispered benefit my breath.

So, that's why the smell was also incredible. She's making an extra effort today. She must have been worried about me not eating enough. Uh, I'm such a bad daughter.

I sighed, putting my hand on my forehead, and grind my teeth.

" C'mon, baby girl. Let's have dinner together" dad said, standing in the hallway, after he took a few steps from the living room door.