19 | WHAT ARE WE?

we want each other so badly,

feels like i can fall into your touch.

- touch, nct 127

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Hanbyul rubs her fists on her eyes lightly, she couldn't track the days she is supposed to be having fun but ended up sitting in her mother's office, doing research on rare cases

She slumps her body deeper into the comfy chair, crossing her arms over her torso. 'Just 10 minutes. Let me rest.'  

She closes her eyes, brain drains out and she couldn't even lift a finger due to the lack of energy.

Her mother has been pushing her harder and making her observe some operations in another room. She had to swallow some pills so she wouldn't run out vomiting. Just some panic attacks- that's what her mother said.

Right when she is about to take off to dreamland, the door to her mother's office flung open making her jolt right up. 

"Are you sleeping when I just ask you to just read over some cases while I'm in a meeting?" Her mother's forehead ceases, obviously not happy with her.

Hanbyul fixes her blouse, sitting right up but her head is pained, she shut her eyes close, opening right after and shaking her head.

Her mother sighs, walking over to her and giving a light squeeze on the shoulder. "Go wash your face and grab dinner." Hanbyul nods, grabbing her things in her hand and walking out from the office. 

Honestly, she's too tired to even eat. She lands her butt on the sofa outside of the office, sighing as she looks over the texts on her phone. 

She lets out a small gasp at noticing Haechan's name on the screen and it excites her. It's been a few days since she talked to him, the last one was before summer break starts.

haechan
hey, it's been days. how are you?

Her lips curve into a small smile. She's glad that he texts her, it hasn't crossed her mind to contact him because of her tight schedule.

not really good

She gathers her energy, getting up on her feet to at least grab a sandwich when her phone dings, notifying another message.

haechan
mhm figured that, come outside.

Her eyes bulge in surprise, a small gasp leaves her lips. She quickly fixes her hair using the reflection on her phone, trying to look presentable. But immediately gives up, 'Fuck- why do I look like this!'.