21| MOVING ON IS HARD

i'm still doing this and i'm in the memory,

of not being able to sleep.

-white night, nct 127

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Hanbyul bites her nails, leaning against the balcony

Hanbyul bites her nails, leaning against the balcony. It is 2 am but she couldn't sleep, thinking of who the girl is to threaten her family. She scrolls through her phone.

🔎 Daughter of Kirin Hospital

Sure, a lot of pictures show up and even her instagram. Her forehead ceases, "Choi Soojin,"

Hanbyul lets out a frustrated groan, inhaling deeply and exhales. "Do I really need to be a doctor just for this?"

She turns to the door when her mother enters her room. Gulping, she walks inside. "You are not sleeping yet, mum?"

"Hand me your phone," Her mother strictly said. Hanbyul averts her eyes to the pile of paperwork in the older's arms. "Kim Hanbyul," the older sounds impatient.

Hanbyul is remembered by the day Haechan said to her that her mother has no right to order her around. She grips her phone tightly, "No, mum. I bought this with my money, you have no right."

Hanbyul gasps when a burning slap lands on her cheek. "Ever since you start hanging out with that Jaebum guy, you are becoming rude and disrespectful."

Byul grits her teeth, she couldn't let Jaebum get the blame when all he did was give her happiness. "He has done nothing wrong. It's me that should take the blame," Her voice hard.

"Kim Hanbyul. All I said was to hand in your phone!"

"Explain to me first why you need Kirin Hospital's contribution."

Her mother places the paperworks on her table, exhaling deep. "Will you work hard for it if I explain?" Byul gulps, the sudden change of tone in her mother's voice scares her.

"We need to take over them. We have to, so we'll get better place for the new hospital,"

Hanbyul's heart fell.

So, that means they will take each other down. Only one will survive.

"Do you really need to do this?" Her voice cracks, her mind was thinking of possibilities her family will crumble down.

"Yes we have to and you are grounded for the whole week because you were planning to sneak out, so do this to fill up your time," Her mother taps her fingers on the papers.

Hanbyul plops down her chair when her mother walks out her room, head in her palms. I hate this summer.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Haechan chews his lips, fingers hovering over Hanbyul's phone number but in the end he turns the screen black.

He has his head in his palms, the scene of who he saw at the restaurant flash on his mind, he sighs.

Jeno sits next to him, nudging the boy's side, gaining his attention. "Wanna race? Clear out our mind?"

Haechan turns his head to the boy. "Just go do some laps around the arena. I'm not in the mood,"

Jeno clicks his tongue, "I'll give you Yerin's number. Go contact her to ask how Hanbyul is doing," Jeno taps his screen, sending Yerin's number.

Haechan furrows his brow, "Your fight with Yerin seems very serious now, you okay?"

Jeno forces a smile before sighing, "It is, this time. Guess I'll just ask Jaemin for an accompany,"

Haechan grabs his friend's wrist before he could walk away, "Boys over girls. I'll do the race with you, come on!"

Jeno smiles, "Thanks, bud"

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Haechan steps on the accelerator, his engines roaring. Though he usually is competitive for any race, tonight he lets Jeno go first, so he can watch over Jeno.

But he still continues provoking Jeno, knowing that Jeno enjoys the thrill.

Haechan saw the look on Jeno's face when he quickly glanced over his friend's car when they put an end to their race by the cliff.

Jeno got out of his car, entering Haechan's passenger seat.

"Dude! It was satisfying!" Jeno grins, laughing. Haechan smiles, cocking his head to one side. He's happy Jeno seems a lot less stressed now.

Haechan slows down his radio, "You won, Jen"

Jeno rests his head on the headrest, closing his eyes as a smile still plastered on his face, "I know you did that on purpose. Thanks, Hyuck"

Jeno jolts in his seat, eyes widen as his head snaps to look at Haechan's expression. The boy's face turns sullen.

"Fuck- I'm sorry Haechan. I just got-"

Haechan turns his head to look outside, licking his lips at the long forgotten nickname. It was at this cliff where the accident happened.

"It's okay, Jeno. It has been a long time. I should have move on by now,"

Haechan gulps nervously, the faint voice echoes in his ears.

"Hyuck, handsome baby boy. Happy birthday!"

Hyuck smiled, eyes full of love when Jieun walked in with a cake in her hands.

"I wish Byul will hold the cake for me this year," Haechan sounds sad, Jeno lands his palm on the boy's shoulder.

"She's gonna come."

I hope she does. I need to distract myself from thinking about Jieun everytime my birthday comes.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。