24 | PARTY GONE WRONG

after running endlessly to the big world,

i'll fight without regret.

- punch, nct 127

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

Haechan bites on his fingernail, feeling anxious while waiting for Hanbyul down the street in his car

Haechan bites on his fingernail, feeling anxious while waiting for Hanbyul down the street in his car. Hanbyul badly wants to attend his birthday party and says she'll escape from her room quietly.

And his job is just to be ready with the car down the intersection.

His eyes focus on the mirrors, being alert of any movement. He exhales in relief when he sees her jogging to his car, with a bag hung over her shoulders.

He notices she has the biggest smile on her beautiful face, immediately his eyes soften, his heart swells at her visual.

Hanbyul slides in the car, giggling. "I've never escaped my whole life! This feels like real freedom!"

Tilting his head slightly, the corners of his lips tug upwards. He wanted to peck her lips for being too cute but he decided not to. "So, ready to go?"

She turns to him, wearing her seat belt, a smile still evident on her, "Let's go!" She screams joyfully, making him laugh before changing the gear into drive, leaving the neighborhood.

They are in a good mood with the windows rolled down, vibing to songs together and laughing whenever they got the lyrics wrong.

Haechan couldn't help but take glances at her a few times. She looks ecstatic as she lets her hand out of the window, letting the wind brush past her fingers, her hair flowing by the breeze.

"I know I am a distraction, Haechan but eyes on the road," Hanbyul playfully smirks. The boy felt heat rush over his cheeks. He just got caught staring at her, instantly he looked away.

Arriving at the arena, they made their way to the main street. Mark is turning up the DJ mode, blasting to all good songs, hyping up the crowd. Hanbyul is beyond astonished to see colorful headlights from the show cars lighting up the whole venue.

Haechan grins at her reaction, he pulls her by the wrist, making sure she isn't left behind since she's too busy being amazed. They walk under the tent meeting up with Jeno, Jaemin, and Renjun.

The three boys greet both of them, attacking Haechan with a group hug- suffocating the boy, "Happy birthday, bro!"

Hanbyul smiles at the scene in front of her, their friendship sure is beautiful.

She slightly jumps when someone slung their arm on her shoulder and she relaxes when she realizes it is just Jaehyun.

"Let's prepare something," He whispers in her ears, winking right after. Hanbyul's eyes twinkled in excitement, nodding as she understood what he meant.