Chapter 13

Luke's POV

I can't stop thinking of how beautiful Aria looked tonight. I mean she always did. I really did like her. I liked everything about her. But I'm scared to date again. I'm scared of falling in love.

The thing is, when I get attached to someone. I'm scared of them leaving me. It only doubles my anxiety. I'm scared of being alone. But I find it easier that way too. The less people the better. The less people I have to worry about leaving me.

I look at Aria, she had come to my apartment after prom and we decided on watching a movie in my room. But she had fallen asleep. Me? I'm still wide awake. Aria had been consuming my thoughts.

I liked how she had buried her head into my chest. How she wrapped her small arms around my waist. The way she'd furrow her eyebrows. Her lips slightly parted to allow breaths to enter and exit. She was just perfect.

I used to think Emily was perfect. But in all honesty Aria is perfect. Emily was just some slut he tore me down like a building. Leaving me in pieces. Leaving me alone to rebuild myself.

I pull Aria's small body closer to my bigger one, and hold her tightly. It's sFe to say that I'm completely attached to her. That I fear losing her.

-

-

-

-

-

-

I wake up and see Aria is no longer in my arms. I started freaking out until I heard her voice from the kitchen.

"No Luke and I aren't dating Lucy." So she was talking to my sister. "I wish we were."

So she did like me. Or is she just saying that to get Lucy to be quiet. "Lukey likes you, so why not?" I hear Lucy say.

"I really don't know." Aria sighs. I stand up from my bed and walk into my bathroom. I take all of my medicine.

Anorexia

Depression

Bipolar

Anxiety

I know Aria knows I take them. I caught her snooping last week, but I didn't say anything about it. I just let it be. She didn't bring anything up about it either. She hasn't left me yet so I guess she doesn't mind.

I walk back out into my room and to the living room. Aria and Lucy were sitting on the couch watching morning cartoons. "Hey." I said taking a seat next to them.

"Hi." Aria smiles resting her head on my shoulder. I liked it when she did that. Lucy crawled into my lap and continued to watch her cartoon.

"I had fun last night." I said turning to look at Aria.

"I know me too, I don't think I would've if you didn't come." She says happily.

I smile at her, and wrap my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me. The only thing stopping me from asking Aria to be my girlfriend is the fear of falling in love and being left.

I sigh internally. I started to get lost into my own thoughts.

"Your not good enough Lucas." My father spat before punching me in the gut. I was 13 years old. That's when all this began.

"Your a fucking nobody." He screamed, taking another swig of his beer before shoving onto the ground and kicking my side. I groan out in pain as he continued kicking me.

He soon left me, and I struggled getting up. Once I got onto my feet, I struggled climbing up the stairs to Lucy's bedroom. She was only a baby at time.

I open her bedroom door and quietly walk in. I walk over to her crib and look down at her, she was looking right back up at me. I gently pick her up, and hold her to my chest.

Mum was in the hospital. She had been for the past 6 months. She got into a car accident, leaving her in a coma. I slowly rocked Lucy in my arms. Once she was asleep I placed her back in the crib and walked back out of her room.

I close the door and come face to face with the devil himself. "That's cute, taking care of your sister. I was stupid enough to let your mother keep her. Stupid bitch.

"Don't say that about mum." I shouted at him. Regretting it as soon as his hand came into contact with my face.

"What'd you say boy?" He yelled at me. Once again pushing and hitting me.

I stand up immediately and walk out of the living room and back to my room. I let all the tears run down my face. I became angry I started throwing things, and yelling and screaming.

"I wouldn't be like this, if it weren't for you. You fucking bastard." I said throwing one of the last happy pictures I had of my family I.

I punch the wall many times until I start bleeding. "Dammit." I yell.

"Luke." I hear Aria yell, but I'm to angry to pay attention. I continue throwing things around, cursing as I do.

"Luke." Aria yells, this time louder. But I didn't. I was to angry to care. I feel and hand on my shoulder. I turn around and look Aria. Fear I her eyes.

I'm still breathing hard, I try and place my hand on Arias cheek but she flinches at my touch. Great. Now I've scared the person I care about most.

"Do I scare you?" I whispered, I still had tears flowing down my face.

She didn't answer, instead she looked at the floor. I walk towards my window and rest my hands on the ledge. I hear Aria walking towards me.

I turn around and look at her. She wraps her arms around my waist and I loose it. My knees buckle and we both fall to the ground. I cried and cried. I felt so weak. Losing it in front of Aria. But she just held me, and ran her fingers through my messy hair.

"Luke what happened?" She asked softly.

I just shook my head, not wanting to talks about it. But she didn't get that message.

"Luke please tell me, I'm not gonna judge you. I'm not gonna leave." She said cupping my face. "Please."

I sighed and nodded. "It's gonna take a while to explain." My voice hoarse from my the crying.

"I've got time." She smiles sadly.

Here goes nothing I think to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Okay here's my update guys, 2 in a row. But how was it.

Please make sure to read the last authors note. It has some important info you may wanna hear.

Thanks,

-Marie