Chapter 16

Arias POV

It's been 3 days since Luke opened up to me and I opened up to him. Our friendship had gotten a lot stronger. I would trust him with my life pretty much.

I was currently at home watching The Secret Life of an American Teenager when I heard a banging at my door. I got up and answer. Surprised to see a frantic looking Ashton.

"Ash, is everything okay?" I ask, curious as to why he was here.

"Luke's in the hospital. We need to go now." He yells, panicked. I quickly slip on my shoes and me and ashton rush to his car. Then we speed off to the hospital.

Tears began pooling in my eyes as we drove to the hospital. What happened to him? Was he okay? Dead? Alive? So many thoughts ran through my head.

I was so out of it, I didn't realize we were at the hospital until Ash yelled at me to get out of he car. I hop out of the car and we run to the entrance. We go to the front desk and I began talking.

"Uhh Luke Hemmings?" I stammered.

"May I ask who you are?" The annoying old nurse asked.

I don't know why I said what I said but I did. "I'm his girlfriend, please now tell me where he is."

"Mr. Hemmings is okay. He's currently in the ICU. Only family is allowed to see him at the moment." She spoke.

That's when Ashton butted in. "Listen lady, we're all he had. He doesn't have any family. So please for the love of god, at least let her go see him." He gestured towards me.

"Fine." The nurse sighed. "3 floor, room 347."

I immediately ran to the elevator and got in pressing the third floor button. The ride up couldn't have been any flower. Once the doors opened I rushed to find Luke's room.

344

345

346

347!

I open the door and the sight was heartbreaking. He was hooked up to several wires, but what really caught my eye. Was his bandaged wrist. He told me he wouldn't. I haven't since we made that promise to each other

I walk over to the chair beside his bed and take a set. I grab his large hand, and hold it in my smaller one. I wonder why he did this to himself. Why he try killing himself. Yeah, he didn't have the best time growing up. But he had much more to live for than me.

I sat there for about 20 minutes until a doctor came in. "Hello, I'm Doctor Bowman. You are?" The middle aged man said.

"His girlfriend. But what happened to him?" I asked, standing up from my position.

"Well Mr. Hemmings overdosed on his daily medication for depression and bipolar. There was also alcohol in his system. Plus all the cuts made on his wrist caused him to pass out. If his friend didn't get him here in enough time, he wouldn't have made it." He finished.

"O-okay." I say, more tears falling from my eyes than before.

"He should wake up in a little while. He will be released tomorrow afternoon. Have a good day." The doctor said before leaving the room.

I pulled out my phone texting Ashton, telling him that Luke will be okay. He texted back and okay and said that Calum and Lucy were with him.

"So I'm your boyfriend now?" I turn around and see Luke smirking.

"Luke not now. Why the hell would you do this to yourself?" I questioned.

"Ever since I told you about me growing up, I keep having dreams about it. But there worse than what I actually dealt with. They involve you. In one of them my dad came back and killed you." He sobbed. I got into the bed with in and wrapped my arms around him.

"Shhh." I said holding him closer to me. "If you ever do this again, I won't be far behind you."

He sobbed harder into my chest. I hated seeing him so vulnerable. I didn't like it all. He looked so broken, and unhappy. I knew exactly how he felt.

He eventually stopped crying, and looked at me. His eyes were bloodshot and he had tear stains on his cheeks. "Thank you." He whispered.

I nodded, and wiped away all the excess tears from his cheeks. I rested my head on his chest and listened to his heart beat. I slowly started falling asleep.

"My heart beats for you Aria Beau." Was the last thing I heard before falling asleep completely.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I was like sobbing as I wrote this. What Luke said at the end, omfg.

Lukey :(

Okay, Idk when I'll update again. But whenever I have time.

Just a heads up that this book will have 25-30 total chapters so we have about 14 left at the most.

Bye :)

-Marie