Chapter 20

Arias POV

"Luke what are we?" I asked.

"We're best friends." He said in kind of a duh. I was starting to get annoyed with this whole best friends thing.

"No Luke, best friends just don't go making out like that. They don't do all those things couples do." I say, getting louder at the end.

"You wanna know the real reason we're not more dating?" He shouted. I stared at him to continue. "It's because I'm fucking scared to fall in love. There you happy." He said before storming off. But I chased after him.

"Luke." I shouted. I'm about to regret this but I don't care. "Lucas." That got him.

He turned around and looked angry. His eyes were full of rage. He started walking towards me and grabbed my wrists like the first time I called him that. " I thought I told you to never call me that again. God your so stupid."

"No your the stupid one. Treating me like I'm fucking everything to you and then constantly saying we're just friends. It hurts, hurts so much. I really do like you Luke. I don't know why your so scared of being in a relationship." I said, tears started falling down my face. He brought his hand to my cheek and wiped away the tears like he always did.

"I'm sorry, it's...it's just that you would understand." He said, letting go of my wrists and started to walk away. But I stopped him.

"Then let me understand why your scared of being in a relationship, of falling in love." I looked at him. "Please."

He nodded. "But can we go inside."

I nodded, and took his hand in my own and leading him back into my house up to my room. We sat down on my bed and sat in silence for a bit until he began.

"It was when my mum was still in the hospital in a coma. Lucy and I, still were living with our dad. But one day, I decided to visit my mum in the hospital. At the time I had a girlfriend named Emily. She was my world. I loved her or at least I thought I loved her. I had decided that I would drop by her house before going to see mum.

"I got to Emily's house and her mom let me in. I walked up to her room and found her have a make out session with her other boyfriend. That day I found out me being her boyfriend was just some bet. I was a bet. When she told me she loved me I believed her. Then the whole thing got out to the school. Soon enough I was the loser of the school again. That emo kid in the back of the room."

I scooted closer to him and sat in his lap, wrapping my arms around his neck. "Luke, don't let this one girl ruin dating and loving somebody for you. I wouldn't do that to you. Hell, I only ever had one boyfriend and that was in 6 grade. I'm just saying that, I'm not like her. I'm faithful." I smiled.

"I just need time to think." He said.

"That's understandable." I reassured him.

"Can we still kiss?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Hmmm...I don't know. Does this answer your question?" I said placing my lips on his.

"Yes." He mumbled against my lips.

"Don't you have a pool in your backyard?" He asked. I nodded, and a smile grew on his lips. "Let's go swimming!"

"I don't know-." I was cut off.

"C'mon it'll be fun. Please Aria please." He begged. I thought about it for a minute.

"Fine. But get out so I can change." He nodded and left my room. I walked over to my closet and grabbed the only bathing suit I owned. It was a mint green top with fringe and black bottoms.

I changed out of my clothes and into the bathing suit. I looked up into the mirror and I looked so bad. All my cuts were showing. I felt arms wrap around my waist. "Your still beautiful either way."

"I'm not beautiful either way." I said.

"Yes you are, your the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on. Me, would've typically say sexy or hot. But your more. I don't understand why you think your ugly, cause your not. I like the way your green eyes light up when your happy. Or how your hair flows past your shoulders. I like your smile. I like everything about you. So stop worrying what people are gonna say. Because they are all lying." He said then placed his lips on my cheek. Letting them linger for a while.

"Okay." I smiled, and I ran out of the room and to the backyard. I heard Luke's footsteps approaching and I turn around and see him in his boxers. I couldn't help but stare at him.

"Done staring?" He chuckled. I rolled my eyes at him and then dived into the pool. He jumped right in behind me.

I started swimming away from him hug he caught up to me. He wrapped his hands around my waist and I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. I looked at looks chest and saw a tattoo of a dagger over where his heart is.

"Luke what does it mean." I said, tracing the outline of tattoo.

"My life feels like I've been stabbed to many times. To many bad things coming my way." He said.

"Well I hope I'm not a bad thing." I said.

"Definitely not." Then he placed his lips on mine.

"Ya know Luke, your not so scary after all. In reality your just a big teddy bear." I laughed.

"Only for you and Lucy. Sometimes the guys, depending on the situation." He mumbled.

"Your really tall, did you know that." I smiled.

"So I've been told. Maybe your just short." He said, sticking his tongue out at me.

"I'm not gonna lie, I am pretty short. I've always been short."

After a while me and Luke were inside spooning the couch, flipping through the channels. My aunt was still with Lucy, she was probably spoiling the little girl. Like she did with every other kid.

"Why are you always the big spoon?" I questioned.

"Do you see the size of me, it look weird if I was the little one." He laughed.

"Well I wanna be the big spoon." I said crawling over him and laying behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"I kinda like this." He mumbled causing me to giggle.

"Why, I thought you liked being the big spoon?" I questioned.

"Nah, cause this was I can feel your boobs on my back."

"Lucifer! That's disgusting, I'm always going to be the little spoon." I said, crawling over him again and laying in front of him.

"Awh, cmon I was just kidding." He laughed.

"Whatever."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Yay, another update. Was this good?

This book has ten chapters left. TEN. I can't believe it. I only started this about a month and a half ago. Wow.

I will try and update soon. Thanks for sticking with This story guys. It means a lot.

-marie