Chapter 56

Yoongi woke up that day with a not so great wake up call from the foul smell that entered his lungs. Nothing felt worse at that moment, it felt as though his lungs were rotting and he wanted to rip them out of his chest and hurl it millions of miles away. God the the smell was absolutely horrid that Yoongi found both his brothers at the end of the bed wearing nose clips shutting their nostrils so tightly. They tossed one to Yoongi as Namjoon spoke out. The words almost felt abnormal to all three of them, as if their ears were imagining sounds and signalled false information into their brains but this time they were real, they're not going crazy. "Its way to weird to suddenly smell that shit. We've gotta check it out."

"No way! It smells like a dead body! Who knows what we'll find!"
Jungkook spat out, and the argument began between the two.

Dead body
Yoongi could not help it but to fill his head with formidable thoughts.
No way no damn way
He almost laughed. What was wrong with him, there is absolutely no
chance—

"Yoongi? Hyung are you okay?
He had spaced out. Shooting back into reality, he smiled, "i'm fine, just thought of something stupid," he chuckled. It was almost creepy but it was for sure that the thought had been spread to the other's minds, almost like instinct, Namjoon looked with frightened eyes, "Yoongi, we shouldn't think about that, that cannot be it hyung, please we can't deal with this we.. we—"

"We have to see what it is,"
Jin leaning against the door, arms crossed with his face stern, he overheard, of course he would, "but in no way, shape or form can Taehyung know about this. The last thing we want is to put unimaginable thoughts of his brother into his head."

"Im not going, you guys can go. I won't" Yoongi set it straight, he did not want to see what would probably be something dumb. "Don't be stupid, its probably some dumbass doing some dumbass shit out there i don't give a fuck i will not be there to see it!"
Thats what he tells them, or maybe what he was telling himself. He doesn't know whether he wanted the boys to believe him or to make himself believe that.

"We all know you want to see what it is Yoongi! Stop making yourself be this delusional, what ever it is we have to accept that—"

"SHUT UP HYUNG! I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT—"
"YES YOU DO"
"I DONT"
"I KNOW YOU'D RATHER FIND OUT THE TRUTH THAN BE STUCK IN THIS SHIT ASS CASTLE MOURNING!"

They went silent, they all did, even Jin who shouted that. They all knew.. they all knew that it was the truth.

"Im going too"
A weep from behind followed by an "im sorry" from Hoseok, peeping behind Taehyung.

"Tae—"
"I'll be fine."

So then they all turned to Yoongi. Tears so obviously begging to run down.
"I-I can't—" chewing on his shivering lips.
Tae dragged his feet slowly but finally being close enough to embrace and hold the older boy in his arms.
"W-what is its really—"

"Lets go find out?"

-

"These nose clips aren't doing shit. My stomach feels really weird the smell is getting real strong now."
Jungkook with his nose scrunched up.

"I've never smelled anything so strong in my life." Jin gagged.

They all dragged along their feets, following Namjoon who pretended like the scent wasn't affecting him in any way.
Hoseok stayed silent all the way, he know he hasn't really gained any of their trust and he wants to make the best decisions for the situation at the moment. Taehyung was patting Jungkook's back prepared for whenever the boy was gonna spill his stomach out. Yoongi walked slowly behind, half of him really didn't wanna see what was waiting for them but he dug his nails into his palms and waited for the unexpected.

-

All that walking brought them to a cave where the scent was the strongest. They all had to put their shirts over their noses. It was that bad Namjoon couldn't even conceal his suffering. None of them wanted to get any closer to the cave, no one wanted in first.

Jin stepped a foot in. "If we get this over with... it'll be fine after..." he tried convincing himself.

And as if it was the perfect coincidence. A huge piece of black plastic was covering what they were all looking for. Jin took out his very convenient pair of gloves as everyone else started walking after him.
He took an end of the sheet and started pulling on it. The smell got blown and every one took a huge accidental whiff of it, sending Jungkook to immediately run out to go empty his stomach. Tae was deciding whether to find out what he has been waiting for or go look after his boyfriend. It can wait, as he ran after his lover.

As they predicted, as the sheet was pulled a little more, something brown and noticeably rotten.
After it was all off, all eyes were on it. It was exactly what they all did not want to see.

"N-no. It cannot be!"
"Yoongi! Calm down we don't know if its—"
Namjoon got cut off as Yoongi made his way out of that loathsome cave.

"Its not him its not him its not him" Yoongi repeated to himself as he rocked back and forth, hugging his knees. "Jimin please come back" and the tears finally fall, "i know you're out there just come home." Namjoon, Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin went around the boy in hopes of being able to calm him down. No one knew what to do, it was always he who knew how to get Yoongi to feel better, it was only Jimin who knew exactly how to do that. But he isn't here anymore is he? No one found real evidence of who the body was, it was rotten all over, and it didn't seem right. At least not to Namjoon. "It doesn't make any sense.. the body..."

"What is it Namjoon?"
Jin stared at him with concern.

Namjoon took a breath, "it seemed way too rotten, in the time span, the body should have been there for years for it to appear like that, and dead bodies do not give out that strong of a smell, it seems almost impossible."
"It seems planned."
Jin finished his sentence.

"You guys are trying to make me feel better but its not working—"

"Guys..."
Hoseok finally made his way out of the cave. He held out a silver chain, a necklace. It has a pendant.
Everyone widened their eyes and their hearts dropped.
They all knew exactly what it was. In their minds, they came up with a conclusion they still did not want to believe..

"Hey look... its okay.. you're safe, safe with me. Don't worry, no one is able to get close to you and harm you anymore.. no one can find you here......"