Unconscious

"Madam Shi, here is your rose tea."

Reiji took the tea from the tray and handed it to Kiki/Shi. She stopped her incantations and drank the tea. Reiji was supposed to be out of her room but he stood there, waiting for the effect of the potion to work.

As soon as Shi finished her tea, she started feeling dizzy. She fell on her bed unconscious. The potion worked.

Reiji then called the other brothers and took her to a separate room where she was tied up, still unconscious. They locked the door and went away.

"I guess we should call Ruki, he might be helpful in bringing Kiki back." Ayato suggested.

"No! Never! I don't want those Mukamis involved!" Subaru protested.

"I guess Ayato is correct, they might help us in bringing Kiki back. But Laito, you have to talk to that Kowareta or someone to learn more about this negative energy matter. I want you to try and go talk to her." Reiji said.

"Whaaaat?! Me?!" Laito screamed out.

"Yes you, now go."

As there was no other option, Laito went to the room Shi was tied in. As soon as he entered, he saw her head shooting up and looking at him. Her eyes were blood red and shining. Laito was frightened.

"LET ME OUT!!! RELEASE ME YOU FILTHY ANIMALS!!!" Shi screamed like a banshee.

"KOWARETA! Please show yourself!! I need to talk!! Kowareta please!"

Shi let one last screech and then dropped her head, being silent. Laito saw a black shadow leaving her body and settling in front of him. Then that shadow turned to Kowareta.

"Laito-san, Kiki's condition is really bad. The negative energy needs to be removed from her or else it will attract the demons from the underworld and they will take over the world."

"I know but I need to know what we can do to remove that negative energy."

"You have to perform an exorcism. This is a special type of exorcism which may be known to half vampires, it is often done when a human is being turned and a malevolent energy or spirit gets attracted to that transitioning body because it becomes weak. Laito-san, you have to perform it as soon as possible. I am giving your this crystal ball, these are used by creatures like us to capture negative humans or energies, I used this to take Yui away. A very dangerous creature took over her, it probably knows Yui and Kiki from their past ventures in the church. Seiji wasn't a priest at all, he used to trade these creatures with the devil after he use to perform exorcism on humans and one of them escaped. I never knew that it was this powerful. Now please hurry, and capture it. But there will be one thing."

Kowareta stopped.

"What? What is it?" Laito asked her.

"Kiki will never see me again, I'll disappear."

"What?! Why?! Won't she be sad?"

"My contract with her will end. She wanted someone to protect her and play with her, she has you now. Evil spirits will no longer disturb her. So there will be no one to protect her from. She'll be happy forever."

"I-"

"Laito-san," Kowareta didn't let him speak,"please bring Kiki back to normal. Farewell."

And she then disappeared in thin air, leaving Laito alone.