You need me more than I need you

"Guys..." Bea stepped into the conference room with a small girl with glasses.

"Why are you here?" Alyssa and Denise asked to each other.

"Denise, this is Celine, Jia, Jhoana, and of course..." with the hint of sarcasm. "...Alyssa. Team, this is Denise." Bea introduced her.

"Why is she here?" Alyssa asked Bea.

"You know her?" Jia asked Alyssa but the latter ignored her.

"I need her." Jema, who just arrived spoke and answered for Bea.

"What for?" Alyssa asked.

"It's my first day." Denise said and Alyssa widened her eyes.

"I really hoped that you didn't say that to her." Bea whispered to her.

"First day?" Alyssa asked and Denise nodded. "Can I talk to you outside for a minute?"

"Sure." The latter responded.

"Take your time guys. We don't have a trial later." Bea said sarcastically.

Alyssa stepped out and Denise followed suit.

"First day?"

"Yes, my company laid off some of the employees."

"And you're one of them."

"No, I am still employed. This is just a side line."

"You-you really don't want to work here. You don't want to get involved."

"I am already involved."

"Huh?"

"I am already involved the moment I gave those papers to you." Alyssa looked at her as she walked pass her and entered the conference room again.

**

"Hey, since Alyssa is still talking to her "girlfriend"." Bea air quoted. "Let us have that conversation that we need. What's the matter with you?" Bea asked Jema.

"No, what's the matter with you? You're too easy on Jhoana. Put a simple case on her hands she'll immediately break." Jema said. "That's what happens when you mix business and pleasure."

"I am not mixing anything to anything. Do that again, I'll fire you."

"Oh, you are not mixing anything to anything now, huh? And firing me will prove what?" Bea was mum. "You need me more than I need you. Do you know how many small time firms offered me a job the moment I landed?"

"Now I should thank you?"

"No, because I chose you. They were offering me hundreds of thousand, and I knew they can't afford that, they can't afford me. You have the most realistic offer, and the most realistic firm."

Bea sighed.

"I just want you to train them really, really good." Jema said.

"Sorry. You're right. I should be more careful and strict. Especially to her."

"No especially. To all of them. That's how you train."

"You have done it? Train someone?"

"Ask the top notchers for New York bar exam for last five years. My name would ring a bell."

Bea smiled and Alyssa barged inside.

"Why is she here?"

"Bea hired her." Jema answered.

Bea looked at Jema in wide eyes and surprise. Jema just threw her under the bus.

"Why?!" Alyssa exclaimed.