I worry about her

"How did you come up with that?" Bea asked Jema

"I saw the tapes."

"Tapes? Me too. But..."

"It was just a hunch, but they never denied it. I guess its true."

Bea smirked at her. "Wow. You really are a natural."

"It was just the start, anyways." Jema said and started to tap her hands on her thighs rhythmically.

Bea looked at her and she was looking away. "What?" Bea asked.

"What?" Jema asked back.

"You're thinking of something. You.. do that when your thinking." Bea pointed at her thighs so Jema stopped her mannerism. "What?"

Jema sighed and shook her head. "Something's really not right." Bea frowned her forehead at her. "I saw the reaction on Nico's face. It was not surprise or amusement. It was more of a threat. It's..."

"You're scared." Bea said.

"Not for me. For Deanna. I worry about her. Her life inside. We don't know who she's with. It's making me paranoid."

Bea smiled.

"What's with that smile?" Jema asked in high brow.

"Nothing, it's just good to see you guys worry about each other." Bea sighed. "I knew Nico would be like this."

"You knew?"

"Jhoana isn't the only who has past with him." Jema raised her brows in askance. "We used work together, Nico and I. So, I kinda know how he works."

"It was just, I think three cases. But there was a case when I finally said to myself 'I'm done working with him'. Murder is kinda his forte. So we had this sorority murder case, uhm, the leader murdered a new recruit. I didn't realized it immediately but apparently Nico was sleeping with the leader. They blamed it to another girl, and as far as I know she's still in jail."

Jema frowned on Bea story.

"So, I really don't like dirty lawyers. Don't blame me for reacting that much when Alyssa got the text messages." Bea sighed. "Anyways, you're right. Don't worry, I'll try to pull some strings and try to release Deanna for house arrest."

"Yeah, that be better." Jema agreed. "Thanks."

"No problem."

--

Bea filed for the house arrest that night and plan to go and talk to judge the day after that.

"They are releasing her." Nico said to Maddie. "Don't worry I'm going to file counter..."

"Let them." Maddie said.

"Excuse me?"

"Let them release her." Maddie repeated.

"Heh, you know usually, I would say yes to that. But..."

"No but's. Just let them."

--

The following morning, Bea went to supreme court and try to release Deanna for house arrest.

"We believe that there is a threat on her life inside the prison. So we ask for house arrest instead."

"It's normal to get threats because of what she allegedly did." Judge Gervacio said.

"Normal?!" Bea asked in surprise.

"You're misunderstanding me. She was allegedly murdered a man. You get threats."

Bea scoffed. She understood the Judge. She just don't want to admit that she was correct. Life threats are normal inside the prison especially if you are a high profile murderer.