Nobody knows

"Hey." Alyssa said gasping for air.

"Why are you... Baket ka nandito? At baket ka hinihingal?" Denise asked her the moment she opened her apartment door.

"Okay..." Alyssa put her hands on her waist, catching her breath. She raised her index finger signaling Denise to wait. "Can you... Can you let me in first?"

"Oh, yeah yeah." Den let her in.

"Do you want water or beer?"

"You." Alyssa didn't wait for a second to confess.

"Huh?" Denise stopped her tracks on the way to kitchen.

"I want you." Alyssa sighed one last deep breath before walking towards her. "Jema said that I haven't left your  mind since the day I left your apartment the first time. Is it true?"

"Uhm.." She answered nervously as she stepped back a step.

"Good, I'm making you nervous. She also said that you haven't left my mind since the day I left your apartment." Alyssa took 3 steps making the other to step backwards too. But she stumbled on her dining table before she could reciprocate the third step.

"Is-Is she correct?" Denise nervously asked as her heartbeat starts to raise and her blood drained from her face.

Alyssa closed the gap between them and they were standing inches apart. Their nose almost touching each other. "Definitely."

Then she kissed her and... I'm leaving it to your imagination.

--

On the other hand, at Jema's office in C and G.

"Yeah, they didn't know. Nobody knows, besides you." Jema said while talking on the phone.

"Nobody knows what?" Bea said barging in her office without knocking.

"I'll call you back." Jema looked at her angrily and ended the call.

"Nobody knows what?" Bea asked again.

Jema just looked at her and ignored her. "What do you need?"

Bea raised her brow and initiated a stare down but she eventually gave up. "Here are files." Bea pitched her a folder with 'Wong' written in front. "Those are just the initial rulings. If you need more, there's 10 more boxes in the back. Just in case you need to prep something for tomorrow."

Jema nodded and Bea left.

**

"Whoa. Easy on the cosmos J."

"I'm just so nervous about tomorrow." Jema said after downing her 5th glass of Cosmopolitan.

"What happens tomorrow?"

"We'll go to her to talk, get her to sign me as her lead attorney."

"Wait. Isn't that conflict of interest?"

Jema looked at Kyla. "Well, for an accountant, that's pretty good."

Kyla Atienza is Jema's childhood friend. They reconnected after Kyla visited New York for a convention.

She works as the accountant staff at Beast Designs - Philippine branch, which is the biggest architectural firm in the country.

"Well. I watch a lot of TV series." 

"Ahh. I thought you learned it on a book. And I thought you finally learned how to hold and read an actual book."

Kyla is basically an Einstein on numbers. She used to do Jema's math assignment back at elementary. She could be the senior accountant by now if she isn't lazy as a sloth.