Good as dead

A/N: Italicized parts are flashbacks.

~~

Deanna ran and ran and ran.

'Wopwop'

She heard the police car that was tailing her from the empty warehouse where she left the dead body.

"Shit."

She was panting and catching her breath. She looked behind as she took a left going to the 9th avenue to loose the cops.

She needs to go home, she needs to get money and passport to get away from what happened.

She looked again behind her. There were no cops anymore. She stopped to catch her breath. She put her hands on her knees.

"What happened? What have I done?" She asked herself.

After a few inhales, she took off again. She stopped 50 yards away from her home to check if there were already cops. When she saw it was clear, she went inside.

Minutes later, she was being dragged out from there, cuffs on her hands.

--

"Deanna is as good as dead? What does that even mean?" Jema asked Bea on their way back to the office.

"Relax, that's Nico getting in your head."

"But.. No." Jema rebutted. "Come to think of it, if they want Deanna dead, why would they just do it?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Bea exclaimed. "Why would you even think that?!"

"No, think about it Bea. If they want her gone... I mean..."

"I get what you mean." Bea cut her off. "Just focus. We'll start the trial next week."

Jema nodded and looked outside the window as they slowly stroll EDSA.

Slowly... stroll... did you get that? Cause it's always traffic.

Okay.

--

They spent hours on checking the evidences again to prepare for trial.

Jema found a flash drive that was on one of the boxes and asked Bea. "What is this?"

Bea stood up and walked towards her. "Uhm, I think that was the cctv footage on the street, the moment they chased Deanna from the warehouse."

"Hmm." Jema hummed in curiosity.

She walked inside her room and inserted the flash drive. She played the videos over and over to form the puzzle.

On her second review she noticed something, uncanny.

She got a pen and a paper and started to sketch, something. She knew something was wrong, but she couldn't figure it out.

She went outside the conference room to ask for opinion.

Jia and Ced were there.

"Hey." Jema called and the other 2 snapped their heads towards her. "I am not familiar with the streets here in Manila anymore, but if you are going to the 3rd avenue which is the fastest way, using a vehicle?"

"9th avenue." Jia said.

"Okay... Which is faster, 9th or 5th?"

"9th." Ced answered.

Jema frowned in confusion at first but when she figured it out, her face gleamed. "Thanks." She said and the other two nodded as a welcome.

--