Meeting Them

**Comet's POV**

"Oh my God!" Casper greeted me at my locker when I arrived.

"What now?" I laughed. I swear, if I'm the Janis in our relationship, he's the Damion. He's even got the gay part down.

"What's this?" Casper held up my phone and showed me the picture of me and Erika in front of the Cady picture in the subway station.

"How'd you get into my locker?" I changed the topic, motioning to the open door.

"I know your combo," Casper brushed it off quickly, "What's. This? You never told me you knew Erika Henningsen!"

"Shh!" I clasped my hand over his mouth, "Say it louder, would you? I don't think they heard you in the theatre department!"

"Mmpphh!" Casper said through my hand and pushed my phone toward me again.

"I'll explain in a minute," I took my phone from him, released his mouth, and called Erika as I stuffed up my backpack. Erika didn't answer, so I called Taylor.

"Sup, kiddo, it's Barrett."

"Oh, hey, Barrett."

Casper's eyes bulged and he started scrambling for my phone, but I pushed him away. 

"Taylor's off being an idiot with Erika's blogging camera and left her phone in my dressing room. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yeah, I have this friend that found out about, well, us, and can I bring him by?"

"I'm not Erika, but I'm sure it's fine. As long as you guys stay quiet. What's his name?"

"Casper."

"Like the ghost?"

"Really, Barrett? But, yeah. So... Can I?"

"Sure, kid. Though, I have to ask: Are you and Casper, like, a thing?"

"No!" I exclaimed, shrugging my backpack straps over my shoulders, "Barrett, why would you think that? He's the Damion to my Janis, per se."

"Okay, I was just asking. Oh, Comet, shoot, sorry, I have to go do my job. I'm gonna pass you off to someone."

I heard Barrett's voice vaguely say, "It's Comet and she's bringing a boy over. Talk to her" to someone.

"Hey, Comet, this is Kate."

"Hey, Kate," I closed my locker and rested my head on the door as Casper started banging his head into the door next to me, "Can I bring someone over."

"Ask Erika."

"Erika's on stage."

"Oh yeah,"  I heard Katie shout to Taylor, "Tay! Can Comet bring someone over?" I heard Taylor's voice faintly in the background, "Who're you bringing over?"

"Casper. He's the Damion to my Janis, per se."

Kate repeated what I said to Taylor and then replied, "Taylor says sure and that she can't wait to meet this boy. Erika's going to flip, you know."

"I'm counting on it."

"See you soon, Comet."

"Bye, Kate."

I hung up, grabbed Casper's satchel strap, and dragged him out of school and onto the subway. 

"Can I ask you something, Comet?" Casper was saying.

"Sure," I braced myself for the explosion of Mt. St. Casper.

"WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?" he shouted and I was thankful that there weren't very many people in the car, maybe four others.