Fun to Be Around

**Comet's POV**

Taylor is leaving Mean Girls and she was being replaced by a woman named Reneé Rapp. I'm not sure how I feel about that because Taylor's been beside me and Erika since I moved into her care.

Tonight was Taylor's last show and I got to watch from the mezzanine. During Meet the Plastics, Taylor got such loud, long entrance applauses that the orchestra played the beginning of the song nearly four times before Erika could continue her lines.

"I'm so happy I made it for Taylor Louderman's last show!" the boy beside me said during intermission.

"Huh?" I looked over to see him watching me, "Oh, are you talking to me?" I nervously played with the playbill in my hands.

"Yeah," he nodded, "Isn't it sad that this is Taylor's last show? I mean, she IS Regina George, I mean besides Rachel McAdams, she is the only one who could ever play her."

I suddenly felt defensive over Reneé Rap - a woman who I'd only met maybe once or twice. "Taylor is fantastic," I agreed, "But I think we shouldn't judge her replacement until she's performed. I also think that comparing the two is essentially comparing apples to oranges. They're both awesome and they're both different."

"How do you know that Reneé Rapp is awesome?" the boy asked, his eyes widening, "Huh? She could suck."

"Umm," I looked around for help, then came up with something, "Well, she did book the role so she has to be capable. Besides, no one on Broadway truly ever sucks."

The boy's name was Patrick and it turned he was a pretty big theatre nerd. He invited me to stage door with him and dragged me right up to the barricade.

"I hope Barrett Wilbert Weed comes out," Patrick started shaking with excitement. I knew that Barrett never stage doored, but I didn't want to ruin his mood so I just nodded.

The stage door opened and Patrick, along with everyone else, started screaming. I pressed myself against the wall of the theatre and closed my eyes, trying to keep myself calm. Opening my eyes, I saw seven of the ensemble members going around. Collins Conley got to me and Patrick first and I shook my head ever so slightly and handed her my playbill to sign. She returned it with a nod. Collins stayed close and discretely held out her hand when the stage door opened again, resulting in even more screaming. I took her hand and felt her squeeze comfortingly.

Taylor, Erika, Kate, and Grey had all exited the theatre together. The four had a small conversation before splitting two and two with Erika and Taylor coming over to me and Kate and Grey going the opposite way. 

I handed my playbill over to Erika and winced as more screams came out of the people around me. Her hand lingered on mine for a few seconds as she passed my playbill back. Collins had left, leaving me clinging to the cold metal of the barricade.

"Are you okay?" Patrick asked me, bringing my state to Erika's attention, who had had her head down to watch what she was writing or looking at the crowds.

"Yeah, no, I'm fine," I lied, pressing myself further into the wall. Erika watched the exchange very carefully and I saw Taylor, Kate, and Grey glance over at me and Patrick every now and then.

"How are you two?" Grey asked when he'd made his way over to us.

Very smooth, Grey. "I'm great," I said, giving him a look.

"G-g-g-g," was all Patrick was able to say.

It had been nearly an hour and I'd kept my anxiety mostly at bay. People had started to leave and I was thankful for that.

"Do you want us to hail you a ride home?" Patrick's mother asked me.

"No thank you, ma'am," I shook my head, "I'm fine. Though, could you stick around for a little longer?"

"Of course," Patrick's mother nodded.

"One second," I leaned over the barricade and cupped my hands around my mouth, "Erika!"

My guardian turned and held up her hand. She looked back at the fan she was talking to, took a minute, then walked over.

"Yeah?" she put her hand on my head and looked between me and Patrick, who was staring at her.

"Could I bring someone back, Mom?" I asked and Erika grinned as she did whenever I called her 'Mom'.

"Sure, Meadowlark. Go in through the house, though. I'm not sure everyone else will like it."

"Thanks, Mom," I hugged her.

"No problem."

"Do you want to go backstage?" I asked Patrick.

"What was that?" he pointed to Erika, who was walking away.

"Erika is my guardian. Do you want to go backstage?" I repeated.

I led Patrick and his mom back into the house and up onto the stage.

"Wait here, okay? I'll go get people."

"Okay," Patrick probably didn't hear anything I said, so I looked to his mother.

"I'll keep him here," she promised.

I brought everyone out onto the stage who was still there and gave Barrett the heads-up that Patrick was a huge fan. I liked sharing the fun of my Mean Girls family with Patrick and every time someone new came up to him, he looked like he was going to faint.

"What's got you so happy, Sleepy?" Taylor came over and stood beside me.

I groaned at the nickname I adopted during Hell Week for my school show, "Is that really going to stick?"

"Deal with it," Taylor nudged my shoulder, "But seriously - what's got you so smiley," she poked my cheek, "Huh?"

"Oh," I sighed, and replied jokingly, "Nothing."

"Uh!" Taylor feigned a look of insult, "Come on, Comet! You gotta tell me. If you don't I'm going to assume it's a boy."

I rolled my eyes, "I like making people happy," I pointed to Patrick, who was engaged in an eager conversation with Erika and Barrett, "And I did so with him."

"I'm going to miss you," Taylor leaned her head against me.

"You can see me whenever," I pointed out, "Now that you don't have to come to the theatre, I'm guessing you're going to be doing a whole lot more babysitting."

"I'm not a good babysitter," Taylor whispered.

"It's okay," I replied in a like fashion, "All you have to do is watch movies with me and indulge my every desire."

"I'm not that bad a babysitter," Taylor pushed my head away playfully.

Sorry I missed yesterday, but here's today's chapter!