Goodbye, Mean Girls

**Comet's POV**

"It's your mom's last night," Barrett spun in her chair to face where I was sitting in Katherine's chair, "How're you feeling?"

"I'm excited for Flying Over Sunset, but I'm going to miss you," I admitted.

Barrett threw a makeup sponge at me, "You're always welcome at the August Wilson. Besides, who says that Grey won't kidnap you and you just become his."

"Don't reveal my plan!" Grey came in and picked me up, holding me bridal-style in front of his co-star, "What if Erika heard?"

"'What if Erika heard' what?" Mom was in the doorway, "What if Erika heard that you plan on kidnapping my daughter just because I'm leaving the show?"

Grey grinned, "What...? No... That, that's crazy. I would, I would never." 

"Hand her over."

I was passed over to Mom and she put me down in the hallway, "There's food in my dressing room. Go eat dinner."

I watched the show from the SM office. Grey was crying most of the show, Barrett was laughing at him, and Mom didn't start crying until I See Stars. I was crying, too. The lights went down between the end of the show and curtain call and the intern who had been sitting on headset beside Holly turned around and said to me,

"You should go to the wings and cheer them on from there."

I did and hung out with Ashley Park and Tina Fey, who had shown up to say goodbye to us. Mom came out to bow, then Tina rushed out with a large bouquet of flowers and shoved them into Mom's hands. Kyle ran over to the wings and grabbed my hands.

"Kyle, what're you doing! Kyle!"

He ignored me, of course, and carried me out onstage. I was put down beside Mom, who put her arm around me and kissed my head. Grey snuck up behind me and pulled a Mean Girls beanie down over my head. I pushed it up out of my eyes and hugged him.

Grey hugged both me and Mom, prompting a group hug.

"ERIKA! COEMT! ERIKA! COMET! ERIKA! COMET!" my family chanted as we tried to keep upright under the constant changing of force against us.

"Don't cry," Kate reached through the crowd and wiped my tears, "This isn't goodbye," she said, "It's 'see you later'."

"Okay," I held Kate's hand as we all shuffled backstage into the green room.

Champagne was poured out - I got sparkling cider - then Mom's castmates started giving speeches.

Barrett went first, "Erika, no one else can be Cady like you. There will always be a place for you here at the August Wilson. We will miss you a lot so don't be a stranger. Comet," she turned to me, "I will miss doing your homework - I mean, helping you with your homework. Sorry, Erika. Uh," Barrett laughed, "Please come by sometime, and bring Casper, too. We'll miss you guys!"

Grey followed, then Kyle, Renée, Kate, and Krystina. Kerry, Taylor, and Ashley stopped by to say a few words, then Mom and I walked home.

"You're crying," I took her hand.

Mom smiled, "Yeah, I'm going to miss them."

I nodded and pressed closer to her, "They're dorks, but they're our dorks."

"Exactly," Mom rubbed my shoulder, "I am, however, excited for our next adventure. What do you think, Meadowlark? You and me?"

"You and me," I agreed, "Though, can we start tomorrow? I'm kind of tired."

Mom laughed, "Yeah, we can start tomorrow."

I've been following the US Presidential election and -

COME ON NEVADA! We need you!

Biden is currently projected to have 264 Electoral Votes and only needs 6 MORE to win! 

We're SO close!

Hoping for blue!

                    -Spaceheater1