Quarantine

**Erika's POV**

I was in the kitchen cleaning the counters for the fifth time in just as many days when I hear,

"I'm going to die!"

I dropped the sponge and ran into the living room, only to find a video game playing on the computer and Comet staring at it, headset over one of her ears and hands on the keyboard.

"I'm telling you, Cas, I'm going to die! ...No," She shook her head, "I'm not going to call you 'Punch-Dragon'... Why? Because it's stupid... Shut up, Max."

Confident that my daughter wasn't actually dying, I finished cleaning the kitchen, then put together two sandwiches.

Comet and I had been eating a lot of the same things for breakfast and lunch, but dinner was always something extravagant. Last night, we made an attempt at Yorkshire pudding and roast. It wasn't perfect, but it was mostly successful. The night before - Pad Thai.

"Casper is driving me insane!" Comet stomped into the kitchen and jumped onto the kitchen counter, "I tell him I'm going to die and his response is, 'Sucks'! I mean, Mom, come on! He's supposed to be my best friend! He's supposed to care!"

"What game were you playing?" I asked.

Comet chewed a bite of her sandwich thoughtfully, forehead furrowed, "Honestly? I'm not sure. I got the link and entrance code from Casper and just started playing."

I raised my eyebrows, "You've been playing for two days and you still don't know what game it is?"

Comet shrugged, "It's not like I need to know. The hours would pass the same if I didn't know."

"You have been doing something off-screen, right?"

"Of course," Comet rolled her eyes, "I read four chapters yesterday of Jane Eyre. Do you know how difficult that book is? It was written in the 1850s for God's sake. I had to read every chapter twice before I could understand it so - technically - I read eight chapters of Jane Eyre yesterday."

I pursed my lips, "Good for you, though I think technically, you only read four chapters, but you read them twice."

Comet jumped off the counter, "Don't take away my bragging rights. Casper, Max, and the others all think that I read eight chapters and now I'm some sort of 1850s-English-God. Though, Bella, apparently, did finish an entire book yesterday and that's why she wasn't playing with us. I think it was called City of Heavenly Fire or something like that. She said she finished it at three-thirty and was balling. Something about green eyes and memories," she shrugged and put her plate in the sink, "Who knows. See you in a few hours - oh,  what's the dinner plan?"

I blinked, "You just had lunch."

"I like to know what's coming."

"How about homemade pasta? I'll come get you when it's time."

"Sounds good."

Five minutes later, Comet was yelling at the computer screen and furiously hitting keys. Laughing to myself, I finished all that I had to do, then got everything set up for pasta.

That night, I was asleep by midnight, but I'm pretty sure Comet didn't put her phone away until at least one.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I know it's short, please let me know if there's anything else you want to see.

On Friday, I spent the whole time I wasn't in school reading City of Heavenly Fire and it took me to two am the next morning. I was sobbing alone in my room and the rest of my house was asleep - Good times.

What books/TV shows/movies have you been reading/watching?

Stay safe and stay healthy!

                 -Spaceheater1