Episode 7 Eev and Ank

"People experience horrible things every day, and they still manage to be nice to others. Being an asshole isn't something you're born with, or something you just become. It's a choice." -Noora

Eev texted me at Friday but I still don't know what to answer and if I want to, after I saw her with Seth. I know that I want to tell her everything, even about Seth. But first I want to find out how they know each other. What if Seth is her boyfriend or ex, we never talked about that, I just assumed she didn't have a boyfriend. It could still be a coincidence, that they don't know each other but just met.
Normally I am alone a lot and I prefer being alone, but right now I cannot I need people around me. My roommates both work until late so I am all alone for almost the whole day. I meet my friends a lot now I deal with this break up thing, I actually really need the company. And it's partly that I don't have Lucas right now we used to spend a lot of time together.
After I spend Tuesday with Malia at her house with her parents, a sibling brother and sister I actually have the courage to text Eev. Her twin siblings, Malia and I talked for almost 5 hours straight about me, Eev, relationships and did some truth or dare. Now I feel like I have nothing to lose, this is my story and I can be proud of that, plus I think she needs to know what Seth has done even if she still doesn't care about me.
It's Wednesday now, I slept on the thought of texting her and now I'm ready. I also thought about what I should text her, I chose to send her a picture of the drawing I made of her, it is still a sketch and ask if she wants to come over because I need a model to finish it. I hope we actually can talk and she feels safe so she can tell me more about herself.
I went to school later that day but I still hadn't received an answer. After my last period I walked a bit disappointed to my apartment, today I should survive alone my roommate will be home by 6 so still about two hours alone. When I step out of the bus I see her, she is sitting at my front door. I tried to act normal but I think she could see how happy I was to see her. I immediately hugged her which she answered right away. Come inside, she takes of her shoes and we walk to my room. "I liked the drawing," she says nervously. "Thank you, it was only a quick sketch, the details and colouring still need to be done," I inform her. "So stroopwafel? My grandma send me a new package, last week," I ask after we sit down. She nods, "Sorry," she says, "that I just left and that I didn't text you for a week." "No, it is fine," I try to defend her. "It actually is not, it just went too fast. I didn't expect I would feel this for you. And when you told me you and Lucas broke up I felt a responsibility I wasn't ready for. But I got time to think and now I know how I feel and that I don't want to lose that," she explains. I smile and want to say something but she stops me and says, "that is why I texted you Friday, because I want to be with you." I want to hug her again but say, "Before that, I might want to tell you something, I saw you Friday at the ice cream shop with Seth," I pause. "You know him?" she asks a bit surprised. I nod and add, "about one year ago, when Lucas just moved here and I only met him once, I met Seth it just started at a playground where we both hung out with our friends. So we met more often there and started talking. After a couple of times we agreed to meet again but just the two of us," I sigh. Eev still listens closely and says, "Don't worry, you can tell me everything I will not judge." "So we met at the same playground but without our friends, it first was nice we talked to get to know each other. After our first meeting he asked if we could meet another time so we met at my house. Then it went a little different, he brought some booze and we drank some beer. I was never the drinking time, but thought one time wouldn't hurt. So we drank some beers and did shots, I had a great time. But after some time I got tipsy maybe even drunk, I got more attached and that is something he used against me. It is a bit vague, but he said that we should go to bed, I felt tired so agreed and I almost fell asleep but he started to take of my clothes. I didn't understand what he was doing and said 'no I can do that myself', then he started to undress himself. I lied in the bed and he joined me, I didn't care and just wanted to sleep. Immediately after that I fell asleep and the next thing was waking up, next to him, not remembering a thing about the night before. I still don't completely know what happened. He tried to use this against me, he found out I don't remember everything. All I know is that I don't want anything to do with him and that I will never know what happened exactly. But I know myself and my friends together with Lucas really helped me with this situation." "Wow what a story," she says while processing it. "Sorry I just fired this on you, I just felt like you needed to know. So how do you know him?" I ask a bit scared for the answer. "Uhm yeah, I hope you will not judge but he is my nephew and neighbour. So not that close but more like a classmate or friend," she answers. "I hope you will not look at him differently now," I say. "Oh don't worry, I'm not the judging type and I know he can be a creep and does things I don't approve, much like the asshole she describes," she adds pointing at the Noora poster. "Something more light now," I suggest. "After this okay, it is the reason why I was with Seth Friday," Eev says. "Yes, you can tell me as much as you want to, I will listen," I reply. "So it also is about the text, I came out to my family and Seth I told them that I'm a lesbian. I knew for longer that I liked girls but was never certain. When I met you I was sure. But it went to fast so I left you alone at that bench, I really hated myself for that. Now I know that I like you and that nothing is wrong with me. And that I want to be with you." My heart is melting and all I want to do is kiss her. We talk more about ourselves, our families and kiss, a lot. I finish my drawing and she promises to frame it in her room. But now she lays here in my arms and we enjoy this moment with each other.