Episode 8 Eev and Ank

"You and me. One hundred percent, forever. In every universe."-Sander

Waking up next to the one you care most about, is the best thing, ever. I get up to prepare us some breakfast. When I walk into the kitchen I see my roommate, "You have company," she says, not even asks. "Uhm yes, I'm sorry I probably should have told you, but it was a bit spontaneous," I reply. "Ah I see, you two had fun?" she asks. "Yes hope we didn't disturb you." She shakes her head and walks to her own room. I start with toasting some bread and making some eggs. While I add some spices I hear the door. Searching for me and following the smell I see my love walking over to me. I great with a kiss and a good morning. "Are those eggs for me?" I nod, "At least if you want to." The eggs are almost done and I set the table. "Sit down the eggs are almost ready," I suggest. "It smells nice," I hear I my right ear while I feel an arm around my waist. "You look nice," I say back jokingly. I turn off the heat and turn around. "Is that everything I get," is the reply I get. Say something else I think and apparently I say, "And you are the love of my life." We both are surprised is said that, "What did you just say?" "That you are the love of my life," I say muffling it away with a kiss. A kiss that lasts for minutes, if not an half an hour. Our eggs were cold when we had time to eat them. With a satisfied smile we both sat there looking at the love of our lives, Lucas in Belgium and I, Ank, in England.

Like happy endings don't exist at least not with enough pain this is proof. Last night me and Eev were on a date we went to a karaoke bar and we had a lot of fun. After that I asked if we should hang out some more. She said that sounded like fun. Then I suggested if it was fine if we would go to hers because my roommate is throwing a party. She said it was okay she hoped her parents weren't home to make things awkward. The second we stepped on our bikes Eev gets a phone call, she looks worried, you could see the terror in her eyes and she started to look very pale. When she hung up she said she needed to go and cycled away. Again leaving me here all by myself in the dark without an explanation. I try calling her all night I even started searching where she lives. I barely slept when I woke up I even thought about contacting Seth, it felt like the only way to get to her.

First I will try something else it's Friday so she might go to school or even to the support group. I skip my last period and hope she has the same schedule every week. When I arrive at her school I start asking people if they know her, most of them don't until one says, "Oh the quite goth kid, yeah she is in my class, I think." I am so relieved to hear that and ask, "Where can I find her?" "Oh I haven't seen her today, she actually is a lot absent lately," he tells me. "Thank you," is what I can get out. And now I have nothing, again hopeless until she might come back or she will just disappears for almost two weeks again.

No Eev at the support group either. It helped to talk about things, but in such a big group doesn't feel comfortable. So I search for a moment to talk with my friends. I need their help how I can let her know I'm here for her. They let me know they are there for me too, something I already know. "And for her of course," Nash says. I'm happy to hear that they already care about her even though they never met her, "That it is because how much she means to you," Sophie says.
After them showing my support I decide to call Seth. I know I have his number somewhere in my phone, while searching I start to question my choice. But I deblock him and call him while my friends are at the other site of the class room. He doesn't pick up until the phone rang for five times. "Hi, Ank?" he answers questioning. "Yes," I take a deep breath and start, "Do you know what is wrong with Eev." "Eev, as in my niece, how do you know her?" he asks surprised. "Uhm school, but I need to talk to her and know she is fine," I say trying to avoid the topic. "Ask her herself, if you know her she will tell you what happened." I start to get worried, "What happened, she just left and I cannot contact her, there is a reason why I called you out of all people," I say a bit frustrated. "Yeah sounds like her, if you come over to my house she will be here too," he suggests. "I don't fall for your tricks anymore, I don't believe you," I say. "Fine, your choice I thought you want to see her," he replies daring. "Just don't tell her I come, I'll be there in 20 minutes," I say and end the call.

"You are going to what??" Nash screams. "I don't have a choice, do I?" I say trying to protecting myself. "I think it is a bold move, but if you are willing to take it I support you," Malia says. "Just be safe, okay," Sophie adds. Now I need to hurry to be on time, I give everyone a hug and get my bike. I start racing but when I realise that I'm going to see Seth I start cycling slower. I need to think this through to let this work. When I arrive I ring the doorbell and wait until Seth arrives. I ask if she is already with him. He nods, "Okay can you call her then," I say. "Are you not coming inside?" he asks. I shake my head, he is not to be trusted, ever. He waits and does nothing until he says, "So her mother died so I hope you understand why she will not come outside," he blares out and closes the door in front of me. I was not prepared for this, I expected something big, but not like this. I start cycling away from here, to my house. Not to my friends who are at school. But to be alone, to cry and scream and no one hears me. Feeling the emptiness I haven't felt in a while. Fight this battle alone, again.