1

Buffy's P.O.V.*

You'd think living in New York City would mean hooking up with hot guys, going to parties every night, and just being a typical young adult. But living in New York City has been nothing like that for me. 

Well, it's actually been the opposite, I'm completely alone in this huge city, working all the damn time to try and pay rent for a crappy apartment. I don't think I've had a really good best friend since eighth grade when Andi, Cyrus, and I split up. 

Andi had decided to go to art school, and shortly after Cyrus's parents moved them all the way west to California. And when I lost them I stopped talking to my other friends.

So there I was alone in Shadyside, and I got angry. They left me, so when they tried to fix things when it was time to go to college. They began trying to convince me to come to school with them so we could be together again. But I said no, so now their both in California, probably at the beach since Cyrus had the richest parents ever they'd be set for life.

I wish I could say the same about myself. Being 23 was supposed to be fun, but never for me. I was currently at one of my three jobs, since I had just graduated, from college, with a degree in Computer Science from Brooklyn College. I only had a bit of student debt, but I still had to pay rent, so I had no idea, how I was going to get a real job. Because I was currently, a dog walker, waitress, and cashier. 

I currently had my curly hair tied into a high ponytail, and I was wearing the waitress uniform, which looked like a pink and white maid's uniform, with an extremely short skirt, about mid-thigh. I had my name tag pinned to my top, my notepad, tucked into the waistband of the skirt, and I was wearing my old scuffed white tennis shoes. 

I shook my head, trying to get out of my thoughts as I looked around the restaurant. Some new people were here, so I walked over to the counter, grabbing some menus, walking over to the first table.

A man was seated there, alone he seemed to be a little bit taller than me with straight hair that was brushed over to the side, of his head. He was wearing a white t-shirt, and black skinny jeans, with a black chain around his neck, with his phone in hand. 

"Welcome, to the Delish Dinner! I'm Buffy I'll be your waiter today." I said smiling like I was required to do if I wanted food on my table. 

The guy looked up with a cute smile. "You don't have to be all formal with me, I know it's annoying."

"Seriously?" I asked unsurely I didn't want him to report me.

"Go ahead knock yourself out." He said with a grin. 

"Okay, well here's your menu, call me when you know what you want," I said looking at him on more time. "Do I know you?" I asked him looking at his face.

"Um, I don't think so. I'm Marty." The man said smiling at me, as he offered me his hand which I shook.

And just like that all the memories form middle school, flew back into my mind. It was as if his hand triggered, memories I didn't know I had. I remember racing the marathon with him, calling him 11.5, calling him Marty from the Party, yeah we did a lot of name-callings, and our kiss that we just never addressed.

I ripped my hand out of Marty's grip looking at him wide-eyed. He just looked at me confusedly for a while, before he looked into my eyes, and everything started to float back into his memories. It seemed to click for him, as he jumped up from his seat, now standing up in front of me to give me a hug.

"Buffy," He said hugging me around the waist.

"Marty," I said hugging him back tightly, I seriously missed him a lot. 

He hadn't done anything to me I just kind of left him as well when I left my other friends. We broke apart so I smiled as he sat back down. I was about to tell him that I had to get to work or I'd get fired, he told me to wait, pulling out his phone. 

"What's your number?" Marty asked with a smirk.

"First, of all stop flirting, and second it's ***-***-****." I sais winking at him before walking away with the other menus. 

I headed over to the rest of the tables, introducing myself, handing them a menu, and telling them to call for a waiter, when they finished making their order. Once I had made it exactly to each of the new tables, Marty decided to call for me. So I headed over there. Asking him what he wanted. 

Marty being the Marty I remember, decided to get a large taco bowl, with a giant soda. After I wrote his order down, I headed over to some other tables to write their orders down before going to the kitchen, to place the orders, on the wrack. 

Once I was done I saw that someone else's food was ready so I delivered, and I looked at my watch. Work is over, right now. Yes! I turned around to tell my manager, that I was done for the day, but I found her standing there. 

"You're done for the day darling," She said with a sweet southern accent.

"Okay, thank you," I said smiling as I headed into the back. 

I went into the locker room, pulling out my actual clothes. I then walked into a shower, to change. I pulled off my work clothes before pulling on my midthigh tight gym shorts, and my oversized pink t-shirt, which went up to my knees. 

Once I was comfortable in my clothes, I threw my work clothes, into my locker, and went over to the mirror, to fix my hair. Once I fixed it back into a curly high ponytail, I went back to my locker to pick up my backpack. Once I had my backpack in hand, I got myself mentally ready. 

Time to talk to Marty.

A/N

I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter! I really hope you guys will like this story as much as I do. But just a warning for anyone under 13 this will be a mature story. So abut 13/14+. There won't be any smut (because I can't write smut to save my life) but there will be mentions of mature topics. Read at your own risk! Anyways I hope you enjoyed it and stay safe! Much Love!

~Hope