15

Marty's P.O.V.*

We pulled apart smiling at each other as Pamela grinned between both of us. Buffy looked so beautiful as she looking into my eyes. Her dark brown eyes would be the death of me as she stood there in front of me wearing the very dress I had bought for her not so long ago. 

It felt so crazy to be standing here in front of her with my hand on her waist. We'd just kissed. I just kissed Buffy Driscoll, and she hadn't complained! I'd known form the moment that I broke up with Angie that I wanted to date Buffy. I knew that I wanted her back.

If you could even call that back. I mean it was more like we had a kiss and just forgot about it. I missed Buffy for the last 10 years and now we were together again and I needed her in my life permanently. I was going to ask her out. I knew I needed to do it. But I was too awkward for that. So a kiss was my only solution.

I took Buffy's hand leading her away from the entry desk so that we could be alone in the corner of the lobby. She followed without pulling her hand out of my grip smiling as I squeezed her hand. I breathed in deeply. It's now or never Marty just blurt it out, Marty.

Just tell her that you'd managed to fall in love with her all over again, so quickly. Tell her how you couldn't get her out of your mind despite how hard you tried. Tell her how just the sight of her made you want to go back to middle school to when life was simpler. Tell her how your once unlit feelings had rekindled all on their own.

"Buffy I wanted to ask you a question," I said put a hand on her cheek as she blushed.

"Sure." She said smiling shyly.

"Well I-I u-um." And just like that all of my words left me.

Everything I'd been feeling had disappeared. I had no idea how to say what I wanted to say. I loved her. With all of my heart. I have ever since middle school. But I couldn't say it. My tongue wouldn't allow it. My heart wouldn't allow it.

Because would it ever be considered love? I kissed her once in middle school then hadn't seen her for years. And here I was staring at her beautiful face feeling those feelings that had hidden for years.

"Are you okay?" She asked giggling.

"Yeah I'm fine I'm just not sure how to ask you," I said smiling nervously as she nodded sympathetically.

"Just say it. It's better to get over the things that are making you nervous." She said matter a factly, making me crack a smile through my nervousness.

"Okay, well I-I um." And my words disappeared again.

I still remembered our young middle school selves we were always arguing about something but it was always fun.

Buffy and I were sitting outside on the bleachers, tying our sneakers, for yet another race when she began flirting with me. It was playful flirting more like reading of anything. But the way she laughed and smiled at me had made it seem more romantic than anything.

"You know Buffy you're an okay runner," I said smiling at her in a truce.

"Well I'm a better kisser but I guess you'll never know that." She said standing up with a smirk on her lips as she began stretching.

I felt my whole face turn red as I also stood up beginning to stretch. It was phenomenal how much Buffy could make me blush.

But I never would have guessed that that would still be happening in the future. But suddenly gained all of my confidence back. I needed to make her blush this time so I put my arms around her waist placing a quick kiss on her lips, making her blush as I smirked at her.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" I asked grinning at her as she just looked at me with wide dear eyes.

She just stared at me for a good few seconds before throwing her arms around my neck, kissing me hard. I kissed her back without hesitation, pulling back for air a moment later smiling at each other brightly.

"Yes!"