6

Buffy's P.O.V*

I stepped out of my apartment shutting and locking the door behind myself. I then made it over to the elevator, pressing the button. I stood there waiting to tap my feet along to the silence. Once the door slid open I stepped onto the elevator, before tapping the button for the lobby. 

I pulled out my phone connected my wired earbuds to them. I then put my earbuds then I entered Spotify, looking, scrolling through my library. I began looking for something I thought would be interesting to listen to. Just as the elevator opened I pressed the 'Pumped Pop' playlist. 

I slipped my phone into my pocket as 'Call You Mine,' came on by The Chainsmokers and Bebe Rexah. I stepped out of the elevator, walking towards the door, of the apartment building. I pulled it open as I stepped outside. As I stepped outside, the fresh clean spring air, blew across my face making me grin. The springtime air was always the best. 

I began walking towards my local Starbucks, it was time to make Damien useful. After crossing the large street in front of my building I arrived at Starbucks. I pulled the door open, walking inside as the smell of fresh coffee, wafted into my nose. It smelt heavenly. I sat down at the table closest to the menu, looking up to read, the sign which was hanging high above me. 

I looked up at it, trying to decide what to drink until I decided on getting a basic caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino, with extra caramel drizzle, and extra caramel crunch. That sounded about right, I then looked at the sweets, to see what they had. After a moment I decided on getting a croissant. Since I'd finally decided what to order, I stood up getting into a nearly empty line with a lady standing in front of me.

"Is that it?" The barista asked the short blonde woman in front of me.

"Yeah!" She said with a sweet smile.

"Name?" The barista said reaching for a cup.

"Angie," The woman said with another smile.

"Okay, next!" The barista said calling me over as Angie walked to the side to wait for her drink.

I walked up to the front of the line, as the barista walked away to get the other lady's order. I pulled out my money, not wanting to keep the barista waiting. I mentally prepared myself to tell her what I wanted to eat. She handed Angie to coffee's who thanks her before she walked over to me behind the register.

"Welcome to Starbucks, how may I help you." She said smiling.

"Thank you! Could I please have a small caramel ribbon crunch frappuccino, with a croissant." I said smiling at the barista, as I handed her Damien's 20 dollar bill.

"Will that be it?" She asked.

"Yep," I said as 'Heartbeat Song,' began to play Kelly Clarkson.

"Okay then! That'll be 9.37$," She said taking the money.

"Name?" She asked counting up the change.

"Buffy," I said smiling at her.

"Cool." She said looking back at the cash register.

I just nodded, in response as she began counting up the change for my order. Once she was done she handed me that money with a smile.

"You'll order will be ready soon." 

I nodded before walking over to my table, pulling out my phone to check the time. It was 1 pm, so I still had some time. I found out that Marty's company on Google Maps was only a 10-minute walk from here. 

So I sat there scrolling through celebrity Instagram account out of pure boredom, as I waited. After a couple of minutes the barista called out my name, so I stood up heading over to the pickup station.

 I picked up my drink and croissant thanking the barista, before walking over to the caddy condiment station. I grabbed a napkin, and a straw, before stepping out of the cafe. Earbuds in, phone in pocket, coffee, and croissant in hand. I was ready.

I walked down the street, comfortably, humming to my music. Well to be more specific, it was 'Hate Me' by Ellie Goulding and Juice WRLD. I loved this song so much, and I couldn't help humming along, to it, as I smiled at everyone I passed along the street. 

Strangely the lyrics to this song somewhat reminded me of Marty and I as teenagers. We had hated each other for a while after our kiss, we were both confused and had no idea what to do. So we took our anger out on eachother.

Date me, break me, easily replace me
Hopefully, you see it clear, hopefully, it's HD
Bet you wonder why the last few months I've been spacey

I finally reached the office. I looked up at the huge, building towering above me. I suddenly got nervous. What if he had a girlfriend? What if he suddenly decided, he didn't want me to work for him. Calm down, Buffy! Everything was going to be okay.

Well, at least that's what I told my self as I walked up the front steps of the tall building.