7

Buffy's P.O.V.*

I stepped into the large clear windowed lobby, as I walked towards the front desk. The room had a high ceiling with a huge chandelier, and very formal looking people walking around. I pulled out my earbuds stuffing them into my pocket, along with my phone and my change. I suddenly began to feel very self-conscious of my simple almost cheap look as I tapped the bell sitting on the desk. The secretary who had her back turned as she filed some papers away into a box turned around. 

"Welcome to 'Gamer's Kingdom Enterprises!' How may I help you?" The secretary said with a smile.

"Hi! I actually have a meeting with Marty." I said smiling back.

"Marty? Do you mean Mr. Reyes?" She asked with a laugh.

"Yeah him," I said with an awkward smile.

She looked at the laptop screen before looking back up at me. "Perfect! Your just on time. Mr. Reyes will now see you in his penthouse." She said with a smile pointing at a guarded elevator. 

"That is Mr.Reyes's private elevator give the guards this card, and you should be free to go. Once you are inside press the button labeled 'Penthouse!'" She explained with a smile as she handed me a card that had the logo for 'Gamer's Kingdom' on it with my name and the words personal guest underneath. I had already finished my croissant so I held it in that empty hand as I held my coffee in the other.

"Thank you! Bye!" I said with a smile as I walked away.

"Of course." The secretary said smiling as she turned back around to work on the paperwork she had out before.

I approached the elevator to see two stern and scary-looking guards standing on either side of the elevator. Both men watched me very closely as I hand them the card. They looked at each other suspiciously, before taking the card to read. After they read it over they handed it to me, stepping aside to let me pass.

I nervously pressed the elevator button as I stood up and down on the balls of my feet. Yes, I did this a lot when I was nervous. Why would I be nervous? Well, I haven't talked to Marty alone in a while, and what if something happens? Something we can't reverse. Say something like what happened with Damien. Though I highly doubt Marty is as irresponsible as me. 

After a hot nervous minute, the elevator door finally opened, so I stepped inside the white glossy elevator. The door shut quickly behind me as I tapped the button for the 'penthouse'. And about as quickly as it shut it reopened all the way upstairs. 

I stepped outside of the glossy elevator finding myself in a clear luxurious penthouse. This was amazing! Everything was white and clean and perfect. I would so love to live here! But then again I'm really broke. I couldn't even something close to this expensive.

"Buffy!" Marty said walking out of a white bedroom. No shocker there.

"Hey, Marty!" I said smiling as Marty walked up to me giving me a tight hug, before letting go.

Marty's hair was a cute mess, and he had silver stud earrings. He was wearing white sweatpants, with a black t-shirt. He looked really cute. I really wanted to hug him again but that would be seriously weird. Marty stepped back looking at me up and down with a smile, making my heart flip. Was he flirting? Or like checking me out.

"You clean up nicely." He said with a laugh, as he walked me over to the living room. 

"Same to you," I said nodding my head and laughing.

On the coffee table were two coffees. I sat there was the other one for me? I hope not cause I was literally holding one. I smiled at Marty shyly, as I sat down. Then he followed me sitting right next to me, his thigh against mine. Was he flirting with me again? I knew it he still liked me. Of course, he did! I am amazing am I not.

As Marty began opening up a thick folder that was playing on the table in front of us a girl entered the room. A really pretty young blonde bobbed woman, with full lips and pale skin. She had a bright smile matched perfectly, by her small body and blueish-silver eyes.

"Hey, babe!" She said walking over to Marty, kissing him on the head.

I began to feel sick to my stomach. Of course, Marty already had a girlfriend. I mean look at him. He was perfect! Everything was perfect for him. His personality, his looks, his job, his girlfriend. Wait. I'd seen that girl somewhere. But where.

"Oh, and you must be Buffy!" The girls said smiling as she put out a hand. "Didn't I see you at Starbucks an hour ago?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah, that's me!" I said faking a smile. 

I can't believe I'd been so stupid as to believe that I had a chance to repair what I had broken all those years ago.