13

Marty's P.O.V.*

Buffy and I had hung out for the whole day at the country club. Now it was 6 pm, as I stepped into my penthouse. I looked around hoping to find Angie, hoping to get this over with as fast as possible. And much to my luck, she was seated on the couch, scrolling through her phone.

"Angie," I said cleaning my throat afterward. Time to do it. "We need to talk."

"Okay." She said standing up nervously, stuffing her phone into her pocket.

"I think we should break up," I said getting it out quickly.

"What!? Why!?" She asked scared.

"I saw what you did to Buffy at the Chanel store. That was extremely, rude and I can't be with someone who acts like that over pure jealousy." I said watching as her emotions went from angry to somewhat sad.

"Okay, I guess." SHe whispered wiping at her eyes. "I'm going to pack up my stuff."

"Okay," I said nodding as I sat down on the couch, as Angie headed into the bedroom, to collect her things.

Well now what. I've never fully broken up with someone. Do I wait for her to leave? Or do I like just sit around doing nothing? I mean at least Angie wouldn't be able to throw nay more jealous tantrums since shew wasn't my girlfriend. I'd hopefully be able to just relax. But as I closed my eyes to try and relax something happen.

I have no idea how to explain it, but it was as if my mind had been taken over by Buffy and her gorgeous, smile. My thoughts had somehow managed to recover memories I'd forgotten that I'd had from Middle Shcool. Many seemed to flash by quickly but the most rememberable was the kiss we had shared the night of Andi's house party.

For some reason, I felt confident that the spark was still there. And I was sure that we'd managed to rekindle our romance. ANd maybe just maybe Buffy felt the same way. Because I knew that I certainly couldn't get her out of my mind.

***

It felt weird to wake up without, Angie's blonde hair in my face. Or her bright and boisterous laugh. But things had changed last night. And I knew deep down that I should have broken up with her before. I mean my bank account, had been slightly drained since I started dating her, two years ago.

But then again a part of me knew that I only wanted to break up with Angie because I wanted Buffy back. God, I sound like an idiot. An idiot who thought they could get the girl back over a decade later. Fat chance.

But then again Buffy and I were friends now. ANd lots of friends developed feelings for each other. Or maybe just maybe we'd never lost our feelings fro each other. Maybe our feelings had just been buried underneath years of new memories. Maybe when we saw each other again years later, it woke up our feelings for each other.

Yesterday Angie left around 9 pm, after packing for three hours. I mean I wouldn't blame her for taking so long. I was the one who had allowed her to spend almost every single penny of the money that I had. And I had a lot of money.

I'd asked her if she had somewhere to go, and she'd just muttered a yes, as I took her bags downstairs for her only to find a good looking guy waiting for her in the lobby downstairs. And that's when the horrible gut feeling had set in.

That must have been why she wasn't too bothered when I said I was breaking up with her. She must have already had a 'backup'. I was only her wallet. She was trying to make sure Buffy didn't end up with me so that she'd still have my money.

I should have known from the beginning. She had been using me for money all along. And I'd fallen for it. She'd been the only girl who'd ever shown interest in me and it had been fake. Buffy had been the only girl before Angie. And Buffy didn't see me that way.

I mean when I'd tried to kiss her she'd run away. I guess I was wrong about everything about Angie liking me. But more importantly about being able to rekindle my old romance with Buffy.

But maybe just maybe I could give it a shot.