3

Marty's P.O.V.*

I always thought that I'd never see Buffy ever again. But here I was New York City, sitting there one on a park bench. As I watched her walk, to work. I looked down at my phone which I held unsurely. I had Buffy's phone number. The possibilities were endless. But Angie would probably kill me. 

So I slipped my phone into my pocket, before standing up. I had to go to work, I still a lot of paperwork that I'd been ignoring. So I waited at the curb as I spotted some cabs, approaching, I picked my hand up, hailing one over. And sure enough one of them was faster than the others and ended up pulling up the curb for me.

I pulled open the car, door slipping into the back of the bright yellow taxi. Seated in the driver's seat was a cheery face older man with a large mustache. 

"Hello, how may I be of service." The taxi driver said with a grin into the rearview mirror, so I grinned back.

"Hi, could you take me, to the 'Gamer's Kingdom' office building," I said as the cab driver turned to his GPS.

"So, why you heading there." The cab driver said trying to make small talk, as looked for the address.

"I'm the founder, and I have a bit more paperwork waiting for me, then I'd hope for," I said chuckling at my irresponsibility.

"You're the founder? My grandson said it was this dude named- um  Matty? Or was is it Matt? What's your name kid?" The man finished with a question.

"Marty," I said looking out the windows of the cab to look outside at the beautiful city.

"Ah it, is you!" He said with a smile.

"Do you mind filming a video for my grandson? His name's Kaiden. He'd love that." The cab driver said handing me his phone.

"Sure," I said taking the phone.

I entered the camera app, holding the camera up to show my face, as I began speaking. 

"Hey, Kaiden! I'm Marty Reyes founder of 'Gamer's Kingdom.' I hope you're having an amazing day! And I wanted to give you this gift. A free 1,000 dollar 'Gamer's Kingdom' gift card!" I said pulling then card out of my pocket, to wave it in front of the camera. "Bye now! And have a great day!" 

Once I finished, the recording I handed the phone to the cab driver and handed him the gift card. I told him to specifically show him the video, then give him the card. The cab drive ecstatically nodded in agreement, as he took back his phone, and slipped it into his pocket. He then tapped then GPS which started giving directions. The cab driver pulled the car out if the curbside parking spot as he began to follow the directions to the office building.

I never did explain what 'Gamer's Kingdom' was did I? Well it's a giant warehouse store with virtually every single video game time ever needed in history. But we also have a game which is full of millions of smaller games. That 1,000 dollar gift card, could probably get him, a TV, PC, new headphones, and some new video games. I've always loved giving back. You know since without, gamers, I'd have nothing. 

You know ha been to this day I still miss racing, with Buffy. I just wish we could do that again, but I doubt she'd be up for it since she as so much work now. All I could think about was Buffy and I. And how much I missed her, she was amazing but what we had was long over. It's been ten yours for crying out loud and it's not like we could rekindle, our feelings from that long ago.

The driver tried to go into the VIP parking but the guard wouldn't let him go through, until I pulled down my window, and waved at him. Once we were in the parking lot I got out of the car and walked around to the driver's side. 

"How much money, do I owe you?" I asked the driver with a smile.

"Absolutely nothing! You did a great thing for my grandson." The driver said with a grin.

"At least take this," I said handing the man a one hundred dollar bill.

"I can't," He said with a kind smile.

"Please," I said putting it into his hand, so he finally took it.

"Bye!" The man said happily, as I waved and walked away.

As I walked up the steps of my Office building all I could think about was Buffy, and how her face lit up when she found out it was me. I had missed her. ten years without talking to her hadn't been easy. I always had to resist the urge, to search her up on social media, or try and call her at random. 

I stepped into the building walked over to my personal elevator. I looked at the buttons, for floors, and I pressed the one labeled 'Penthouse.' Yes I know I have a penthouse in my office building but sometimes, it's late at night that I don't have time to catch a cab or I just want to take a short nap. 

As the elevator reached the penthouse and flew open, I heard someone stop moving and walk out of my bedroom. 

"Babe!" Angie said walking up to me in a silk bathrobe. 

Angie, was short, with bobbed blonde hair. She had full lips and pale skin, with light blueish silver-gray eyes. She was always so shy and sweet. She was honestly the best most adorable girlfriend. She always took care of me, and hugged me, and made sure I always okay. I loved her with my whole heart.

"Hey, Ang," I said wrapping my arms around her waist. 

"How are you?" She asked looking up at me.

"Great. You?" I asked looking at her.

"Perfect." She smiled, as she stood up on her tippy toes, leaning up to kiss me.

One thing led to another, and I found myself, in bed next to my innocent girlfriend. No paperwork got finished that night.

A/N

Things are getting slightly more mature. Well, at least that's how I see it. How are you guys enjoying this story so far? I'm really enjoying this so I hope that you are too! Anyways stay safe, stay healthy, and keep reading! Much Love!

~Hope