Chapter 23

EMELIA

He banged on the desk once again and I'm surprised it hadn't broke. He looked me dead in the eye with anger and this scared me even more. He noticed how scared I am but he was angry and if he didn't break something, he would end up killing me. He grabs onto a glass and throws it against the wall making it shatter into a million pieces.
"Why can't you just listen?" He yelled. "Stop being so stubborn" he said and I had no words, I was still trembling in fear. "I'm trying to protect you but all you do is argue with me" he sighed. "You always just find the need to slap me when all I want to do is make sure your safe. Why can't you just accept that?" He sighed disappointedly.
"D-"
"There's going to be dangerous people at the party tonight and I don't want to risk your life but I can't stop you. Go if you want" he shrugged. "I can't always look after you all the time. I'm not always going to have eyes on you so just do me a favour, for once. Just stay here tonight" he sighed and took a deep breath. "Please volcana, Just let me protect you. You don't have to care but just listen" he sighed before walking towards the door. "If you want to go to that party, then go. You never listen anyway" he sighed before leaving me alone in his office. Damn, I suck. I've messed up, big time. I have to apologise but I'll let him cool off. I don't want another argument right now. I hurt him, I know that but I was jealous. And that's not a good thing.

DIEGO

A few hours have past since my argument with emelia and I really didn't feel bad for shouting like that. The only thing I wanted to do was protect her but she's to stubborn to even see that.
"Boss?" Travis sighs while walking into my bedroom.
"What is it?" I ask.
"We still haven't seen emelia at the party" he crossed his arms nervously.
"It's okay, I know exactly where she is" I smile softly as I walk out of my room and down to emelia's bedroom. I open the door quietly and there she was, sleeping peacefully in her bed.
"You stayed...." I whispered while smiling to myself. I turn around and left her room. She stayed, she followed my orders and stayed. I walk into the living room and Elijah was standing waiting.
"Lorenzo Garcia called.. something about a party?" He explained.
"Ah, Yes. He's celebrating his 20 year wedding anniversary" I add.
"He told me to tell you to bring a date" Elijah shrugged.
"Perfect" I rolled my eyes.
"Wouldn't The Ramirez girl go with you?" He asked.
"It depends on what mood she's in" I joke.
"I'm sure she'll go with you, Boss" he shrugged.
"H-"
"I see it in the way you two look at each other" He smiled.
"I-uhh. Goodnight" I sigh annoyed before walking towards my room. Even my damn men think we're a match. I mean deep down I think that too but I know emelia would never go there, ever.
The next day...
I woke up earlier this morning, something just didn't feel right. I got dressed and then sat out on my balcony. I pull out a cigarette and light it. The city sunrise is one of the prettiest things.

I take a draw of cigarette as I breath in the dusty morning air

I take a draw of cigarette as I breath in the dusty morning air. I stood up from chair and peered over the balcony railing. It was maybe about 6:25am and people were already getting into the pool, Damn. I thought I woke up early. I put out my cigarette and then continue to look out at the city horizon. I hear small footsteps creak from behind me and I knew exactly who it was.
"I'm sorry" emelia sighed while standing behind me. "I never went to the party" she added while I turn around with a small smile on my face.
"I know" I shrug.
"H-how?" She says confused.
"I saw you in your room" I sigh before I'm shocked by getting a hug from her.

She slowly wrapped her arms around me while I laughed to myself, I've never seen this side of her before

She slowly wrapped her arms around me while I laughed to myself, I've never seen this side of her before. I hug her back gently and I can tell she smiled.
"Your not the only one that has issues" she smiled nervously.
"I know that, I'm sorry" I sigh before letting her go.
"I know now that you were only trying to help me but I was to stubborn to see that" she shrugged.
"Hey, Everyone has their issues" I joke as she nudged me playfully.
"So not funny" she laughed softly.
"It definitely was" I laugh.
"Maybe a Little" she shrugged nervously.
"So, does this mean I can ask you a favour?" I ask.
"It depends" she added.
"Your uncle is having his 20th wedding anniversary and I need a date and for goodness sake I am not taking Sophia" I blurted out.
"I'll go" she said calmly.
"Wait? You will!" I exclaim in shock.
"I owe you one" she giggled.
"Yeah, I guess you do" I smile before noticing in the corner of my eye, emelia's brother.
"Hey, Eli?" Rodrigo sighed while standing at the balcony doors.
"We'll talk later" she nods at me before taking off with her brother.
What has this woman done to me? It's like I've gone soft! No way, not in a million years is Diego king going soft. Emelia Ramirez, your driving me wild. She is like no girl I have ever met before, she was different. Beside the anger issues she was happy and had a lot of passion inside her. If I'm being honest with myself, I'd say that we we're a Match and that scared me a little. I cannot let myself fall for a woman like emelia, it would be like putting out a flame. She would lose her colour because I would burn her right to the ground. I am no innocent man, I know that. And deep down she knows that if she let fate win, she would be stuck in a world where she is consumed by darkness. I'm no good for her and if she knows any better then she'll stay away. I can't let my darkness defeat her light because emelia Ramirez is the woman I have always dreamt for...