Chapter 46

DIEGO

I walk over to her bed as she opens her eyes slowly. She looked at me with fear and the emotions consumed her on the inside.
"Emelia.." I sigh.
"No. I don't want to hear your excuses" she says angrily.
"I want you to hear my explanation" I raise my voice.
"Why? So you can fill my head with more lies!" He yelled.
"When have I lied? I've been honest with you this whole time?" I yell back.
"Don't start with mr nice guy. Your a murderer!" She yelled.
"So are you! Or have you forgotten hat you killed Sophia?" I remind her.
"She deserved it. She tried to kill our baby" she mumbles before getting up off the bed.
"Eli, I don't kill people out of fun. I only kill them when I have to" I sigh as she closes the blinds.
"I know that.." she sighs and tilts her head down to avoid looking at me. "Why are we fighting?" She asks.
"I don't know, volcana" I say softly before wrapping my arms around her waist, me resting my head on hers.
"I thought you were working with them" she whispered before digging her head into my chest.
"I would never try to hurt you, because hurting you hurts me" I tell her as emotions build up inside. "Just seeing you in a hospital bed breaks me up inside"
"Diego, you have no idea how much I love you. I've never felt this way about anyone else on this planet and fighting with you shatters my heart" she smiles as her watery emerald eyes look up at me.
"I love you more than life itself, Emelia Ramirez" I smile down at her before kissing her softly.

"No more arguing" she giggled

I smile "No more arguing" I agree.

A couple hours later..
we got back to the penthouse and I got emelia straight to bed, there was no way I was letting her get hurt again. Today was all my fault, I realise that now. It wasn't Rodrigo's for telling her, it was mine for not telling her what I was doing. Emelia deserves the world and maybe I can't give her what she deserves after all. As much as I loved her there was no point in sticking around if it was gonna hurt her. I stood in my office with a suitcase, a pen and a piece of paper. I had to leave, even if it was jut for a week. I need her to figure out if she loves me enough to understand that my life is dangerous and it always will be. I also need to know if she's truly the girl for me..

EMELIA

I wake up from my nap and I head out of my bedroom to find Diego, I had to talk to him. I head into his office and he wasn't there, I look over at his desk and there's a note with emelia on it. I take the note and read it slowly.
Emelia,
I know I hurt you today and I don't think I'm ready to forgive myself for that at the minute. I also need you to figure out if I'm truly the right man for you, my life is dangerous and complicated. It's always going to be that way, so I hope you can understand why I had to leave. I'll be back in a week.
I love you x
Diego.
It took a minute for me to register what he had written. He left? Does this mean he doesn't love me like he says he does? I was lost in confusion, I thought everything was fine? I thought we had forgiven each other, I guess not. I wasn't sad, I was angry. He was such an idiot! What kind of man runs away from his problems instead of trying to fix them. I rush out of his office and bump into Cole.
"Diego has left! He's gone" I shout in fury.
He narrowed his eyebrows "What do you mean he's gone?" Cole asked confused.
"He wrote a letter saying I had to figure out my feelings for him! When he knows damn well that I'm in love with him!" I shout as Cole brings me into a hug.
"Please calm down. You're scary when your mad and also your carrying a baby" Cole said calmly.
"Is that what you say to Laura?" I giggle.
"Kinda" he shrugged.
"Thanks, Cole" I sigh and turn to walk off.
"Emelia." Cole paused. "You're kinda in charge of the business now that Diego's not here" he sighed.
I sigh. "Your kidding?" I moaned.
"Nope. But I'm here to help" he smiled.
"Thanks Cole" I sighed. "I'm going to chat with a friend"
"I'll see you later" he says as I leave the penthouse in the elevator. I was going to talk to Micheal, he's my friend and I honestly could use a shoulder to cry on. I get to the lobby and spot him right away, I get him to go up to the balcony so we could chat. This will be fun.
We sat down and I turned to face Micheal who was sitting patiently.
I sigh. "Diego has left" I say as Micheal shoots me a "are you serious" look.
"What happened?" He asked, taking my hand into his.
"He wrote a letter saying that he hurt me and that I should rethink my decision to stay with him" I roll my eyes, slowly removing my hand from Michael's.
"Have you tried to phone him? Maybe he'd come back" Micheal shrugged.
I sigh, looking down at the ground. "I've completely forgot about trying to phone him" I replied.
"Just give it a try" he smiles. "I wish I could stay and talk but I need to get back to my shift" he says, getting up and waving me goodbye.
I guess there was only one way to find out where he was, and that was to phone him.
I take out my phone and click on Diego's contact, my heart racing, hands trembling. I wasn't ready to let him go, I loved him.
"Diego..?" I sigh as the call connects.
"Volcana.." he replied.
"You better get yourself back in LA before I find out where you are and kill you myself!" I threaten jokingly.
"I told you to figure out your feelings about me" he said, trying to end the conversation.
I roll my eyes. "You know damn well how I feel!" I shout.
"You can't be with someone that hurts you all the time. I'm not the man that deserves your love" as he said those words, my heart broke into a million pieces. My eyes filled with water as I began to spoke.
"You might not be the most perfect person in the world but neither am I! You have your flaws and so do I. We may have our arguments but they are always able to be fixed" I mumble into the phone, the tears from my eyes falling down to my mouth. "Please, Just come back.." I whisper before hearing footsteps creak behind me. I turn around, Diego's arms wrap around me, tears flood my face.
He sighs. "I never left" he said while I wrapped my arms around him.
"Don't you ever do that to me again!" I raise my voice, lifting my head up from his shoulder. I look up into his sparking green eyes.
"I love you, baby" he smirks.
I giggle. "I love you too, asshole" I say before we both began to laugh away...