Chapter 24

REI

I walk into the living room to where Cole was was sitting, He looked tired but he normally did this. Just in case someone got into the penthouse.
"Is everyone sleeping?" I ask.
"Yes, I think so" he shrugged.
"What about emelia?" I added.
"You can check" he mumbles while sitting back on the sofa. I nod my head and head down to her room. Before I even enter I can hear someone talking. I open the door slowly and notice that she's tossing in turning like a tornado.
"Get off!" She mumbled. "Luca! Stoppp!!!" She kept yelling over and over, the same name...Luca. "I told you to stop hurting me!" She yelped. "GET OFF MEE!" She screamed and I couldn't bare it anymore.
"Emelia! It's me, Rei" I sigh while shaking her. "Wake up!" I mumble while emelia shoots up with tears in her eyes. "Hey, it's okay. It was just a nightmare" I comfort her as she wraps her arms around me tightly.

"H-he was th-ere" she cried as I held her in my arms

"Who, Who was there?" I exclaim while I could hear her in my ear, crying.
"I-I- he.... he hurt me, Rei" she sobbed as she tried to speak but her emotions got the best of her.
"Emelia, Who is trying to hurt you?" I ask her concerned.
"I left Madrid because of him and my mother" she cried as I let go and she sat up in her bed.
"Calm down, Okay?" I sigh while she tries to stop her tears.
"He's going to kill me, Rei. He's going to find me!" She confessed.
"Who is he?" I ask once again.
"Luca" she sighs.
"Who's Luca?" I question.
"The man I was supposed to marry" she mumbled while wiping her tears away... she was supposed to get married? I never saw that coming, at all.
25 minuets later...
"Repeat that?" Cole asked through the phone.
"We're going shopping" I say for the third time.
"Shopping?" He questions.
"Yeah, she needs new makeup" I add and shrug at emelia.
"Umm, have fun?" Cole says concerned.
"We will, thanks Okay. Um b-" I pause as the phone goes silent. "He hung up" I explain to her.
"I really do feel sorry for you sometimes, Raja" emelia laughed.
"Mhm Yeah. Okay, come on. You have a lot of explaining to do" I shrug.
"Are we really going shopping?!" She exclaimed.
"Move that sexy ass of yours, we're going a walk" I complain.
"Mention My ass one more time and your a dead man" she rolled her eyes while following behind me.
This was going to be interesting.

EMELIA

We sat down at a table in the cafe and I ordered a cupcake. Rei kept pestering me about speaking and I was going to, it's just hard.
"Are you going to talk?" He shrugged.
"Give me a minute" I roll my eyes.
"We don't have all night" he sighed.
"I know that, it's hard to talk about without bursting into tears" I explain.
"I'm sorry emelia. It's just hard to believe you were going to be married" he said confused.
"I was in an arranged marriage, my mother wanted me to marry for money" I sigh. "I'm lucky to be alive"
"I'm lost for words" he mumbled while sorry filled his eyes.
"Do you want me to continue?" I ask.
"If your comfortable" Rei smiled. I nodded and then proceeded to explain.
"When I first met Luca my parents were almost homeless and I couldn't bare to see them like that. I owned a small boutique downtown but that didn't pay enough until Luca walked into my shop and laid his eyes on me" I paused. "My mother went behind my back and met with Luca herself, they arranged a proposal and boom. We were engaged. The first few months that we got to know each other was amazing! He was the sweetest person I ever met that was until it was 1 month away from our wedding" I sigh. "I came home from work one day and Luca was waiting patiently for me, when I got into our house he said he could smell a mans cologne on me which there wasn't but he didn't take the truth Well. We argued and argued until eventually he had enough of me talking and hit me across the face. But just one slap wasn't enough, he pushed and pushed until eventually I couldn't breath. I was going to die unless I got myself out of there" i sigh as Rei looked like he was about to cry.
"And then you came to America?" He added.
"Yeah, and then I met all of you" I shrug.
"I bet that sucked" Rei joked.
"I actually like hanging out with you guys" I smile nervously.
"Yeah and then you get all kissy kissy with Diego" he laughed.
"Raja!" I yell and slap him playfully on the arm.
"Okay, Okay. Back to serious talk, I had no idea you went through that. Must have been tough but you have turned into such a strong woman" he smiled. "You want my advice? I think you should tell Diego, he's the only way you know for sure if your safe" he suggested and I knew exactly what I had to say to that.
"I can't do that" I shrug.
"Why not?" Rei asked.
"He'd kill him and as much as I want him dead, that won't solve my problems" I sigh.
"Fine, I'll keep this between us" Rei smiled softly.
"Thank you Rei" I smile back.
"Let's get back to the hotel, you must be exhausted" he insisted as we got up from the table and left, going straight back to the hotel. That night Rei slept in my bed to make sure that I was safe. Rei was starting to become my best friend and I was happy with that. He may act like a asshole but on the inside he can be the nicest person.

DIEGO

The next morning...
I sat in my office waiting for Rodrigo because he wanted to speak about his sister. Not going to lie I was kinda scared, if you think emelia has anger issues then jeez I don't know what I'd call his. One time, this shipment came in and someone moved a box into the wrong car and Rodrigo literally shot the poor guy. So yeah I was kinda scared of getting my ass kicked.
"Boss" Rodrigo sighed while coming into my office and shutting the door behind him.
"Ramirez" I nod and gesture him to take a seat. "What did you want to talk about?"
"My sister.." he sighed. "How did she end up staying here?" He asked and I literally felt a hole drill in my stomach.
"Gael asked for her to stay in the penthouse since he thought it would be dangerous on her own" I shrug.
"Diego you know that staying here with you is more dangerous than her on her own" Rodrigo complained.
"Rod, I would never put your sisters life in danger. Ever" I sigh.
"Does she know?" He asked.
"She knows about the armoury but no one has told her anything else" I add.
"I want you to keep it like that" he suggested.
"Rod, maybe you should have a talk with your sister and not me" I say annoyed.
"Yeah, your right. I'm sorry" he sighs heavily.
"It's fine but I am going to keep your sister safe. No matter what happens" I nod while we both stand up from our seats.
"I know you mean that but I'm just finding it hard to believe" he sighs while walking towards the door.
"I understand that" I explain.
"I'll see you later" he mumbles and then leaves my room. Damn, I'm not scared of him but my god he definitely could knock me out.