1

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

It was Sunday morning and Khushi was lazing around in the living room, not wanting to do anything. Garima was asking her to look at the profiles of the guys – for her potential future husband and Khushi was trying to ignore her mother's concerns regarding her marriage.

"I'll find someone for myself Maa. Don't worry about it."

She was scrolling through her Instagram feed when Anjali rushed through the door.

"Come on Khushi. We need to go shopping. It is my birthday tomorrow and I have nothing to wear thanks to you." Anjali said pulling a sleepy Khushi who was sitting in the sofa not in a mood to do anything. Khushi had been saying no to Anjali since forever to going shopping.

"Not today Anji, I'm not in a mood to go out, at least not now in this hot summer afternoon. I asked you to order something online long back."

"Just come today. You owe me that much. I am turning 25. And you of all people know how much I like to go physically to the stores to get my things."

"I know, as much as you love online shopping. You don't have any sort of limit when it comes to any kind of shopping."

"That is not true." Anjali tried to argue. Well, who was she kidding. She knew that was true.

"Anji, why don't you ask your brother to accompany you?" Khushi asked matter of fact-ly.

"Come on Khushi do you think I would be going shopping for my birthday without him? He's waiting for us outside. He was about to come help me drag you outside when Aman called."

Khushi jumped up from her position.

"Anjali, you should have told me before that Arnav is coming." Khushi shouted.

"Why, will you be shopping with me only if bhai is there?" Anjali asked seeming suspicious.

Khushi did not want to give anything away. She knew Anjali knew her too well to not catch her lies. She couldn't risk Anjali finding out that Khushi has had a crush on Arnav since forever.

"It is not like that Anji. If one of India's great businessman is waiting and I don't go, that is not fair right? Who am I to keep the great ASR waiting. Just give me five minutes to get ready." Khushi said rushing to her room.

She wore a white tank top and paired it with a denim jacket and dark jeans. Her hair tied up in a pony, she caught hold of Anjali's hand and ran to Arnav. Arnav was standing outside, leaning on to his SUV, looking at his phone. He was dressed prim and proper in his in his trademark three piece suit. Wait, he did not have his blazer on. He looked hot in his white shirt – Khushi's favourite colour on him.

"Khushi, why does it take you so long to get ready?" Arnav asked with a small smile. All his life he had known Khushi, he knew she was a very efficient person. He still liked teasing the girls – his girls.

"Sorry Arnav. I didn't know that you were waiting for me. We should go now. Else, maharani would create a scene." Arnav nodded as he opened the door and took the driver's seat.

Anjali had taken up the passenger seat while Khushi sat in the back, positioning herself to see him so that she could drool over him – well, not literally. Neither Arnav nor Anjali noticed this. They were oblivious to Khushi's crush and she intended to keep it that way for a little longer.

"Khushi, you look gorgeous today." Arnav said and Khushi blushed.

"Thanks Arnav"

It wasn't unlike him to compliment her from time to time. But that didn't mean it went unnoticed by Khushi.