5

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

"Hi Khushi"

"Anji how are you feeling today?"

"I'm fine. What about him?"

"He is also fine. He is sleeping that is why I'm here. I've to go before he wakes up though. And Anji, I need a favour."

"Please tell me Khushi." Anjali said patting the space next to her. Khushi felt nice seeing Anjali still was staying positive and trusting her in these difficult times.

"Anji, please promise me that you won't behave like you don't know anything or have lost your memory in front of Arnav. You have to call him Bhai and act as everything is fine. I know it will be difficult for you, but..."

'Oh Khushi, you don't have to worry about that. I will do that. After all, I'm the one responsible for this state of his right?"

"No Anji, please don't think that way. No one can be blamed, well no one other than the drunk driver of the van who crashed on to your car."

Anjali asked a few basic questions about herself and Khushi was happy to answer them all. After all, Khushi was an expert on any things Raizada. 

"Now I've to go. It has been almost four hours since I left. He'll be up anytime now, the doctor said the sedation of the prescribed medicines only lasts for a couple of hours."

"Bye. See you there tomorrow." Anjali said, understanding Khushi's predicament.

"Bye. You take care."

The next day Anjali was home. She had recovered almost from all the major injuries. There were bruises, which she covered up with long sleeves. The only thing left to the naked eye was a stitch on her forehead, from the operation. She had insisted on minimal dressing on it and Doctor Kapoor had reluctantly agreed thinking about Arnav's situation. Shashi and Garima brought her home. Arnav was very happy to see her.

"Anji, you are back? I'm so sorry" Arnav said, coming forward to grab her in a bone crushing hug.

"Sorry?" Anjali asked, returning the hug. 

"Yeah, I fought with you no!"

Anjali looked questioningly at Khushi and she nodded for her to play along. Anjali knew she had to go along with it and so she did.

"That is ok bhai"

Arnav was very glad to hear that. He started laughing.

"What is this on your head?" he said pointing at the bandage. They were all expecting the question. So Khushi came forward and explained to Arnav how it was Arnav's fault that she was injured. And that was the reason behind their fight. 

Afterwards, Khushi asked Anjali to go to her room and take rest and she obliged. Khushi took Arnav to his room.

"Khushi, I think she is hiding something from me" Arnav said as he settled down on his bed.

"Is it? I don't think so!" she said casually.

"And you? Are you hiding something Khushi?"

"No Arnav, you think I will hide something from you?"

"No..." saying this he hugged Khushi. She was overwhelmed by the emotions and she hugged him back tight, not wanting to leave him ever.

She felt bad. She knew what she was doing was for the best. Her friends needed her and she would do anything to help them.