2

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Khushi was the first to wake up. She went to the kitchen made coffee and then joined the brother-sister duo in Anjali's room.

"Arnav,Anji wake up!" Khushi said trying to wake them up.

"Go away Khushi." Anjali said.

"We need to go the temple. Maa will be pissed if we are late for breakfast. You don't want to start your birthday like that do you?" Anjali sat up as she heard that. Arnav followed suit.

Both of them had coffee with Khushi and then went to take a bathe while Khushi went home.

She wore a yellow Salwar while Anjali wore a similar set in dark blue. Both the girls looked pretty with their hair left open. Arnav wore a navy blue shirt and black pants. Sherwanis and kurtas were something which he loathed.

After returning from the temple, they had the breakfast prepared by Garima. Shashi and Garima gifted Anjali a necklace. Khushi's parents loved Arnav and Khushi.

After breakfast, Anjali ran to her house and started preparing for her party. She had invited only 10-20 friends to the party. Anjali made it clear that the party would last only till 8:00 in the night as she wanted to be with her brother after that. The main reason for that point was the birthday gift. Arnav made arrangements in order with that time and ensured that Anjali's gift would reach her by then.

Shashi and Garima were the only elders invited to the party. Anjali and Khushi were wearing the dress which they had bought the other day. Both looked angelic. Anjali was looking at the watch all time while Arnav and Khushi attended to the guests. They smiled at each other seeing Anjali so restless. Even Khushi was curious to know what Arnav's gift was.

By seven thirty, Anjali was getting restless.

"Have you all had food?" a desperate Anjali asked the guests.

"Yeah Anjali"

"Ok when are you leaving???"

"Anjali, do you not want us at your party?"

"No Tina, that is not it. She needs to go somewhere by eight. Anji must have told you that, didn't you Anji." Khushi interrupted before Anjali said something, ruining their friendship.

"Yeah, well we'll be leaving soon" the girls said.

Arnav just smiled at the girls. He knew his sister was desperate to get her gift.

By 8:00 pm everyone had left. The ones left were just Arnav, Anjali, Khushi, Shashi and Garima.

"Ok bhai now it is eight, and all others have left. Now tell me what is the surprise."

"Calm down Anji, let me speak."

"Bhai, you know I am not good with surprises."

"So Anji, I have decided to get you a Bhabhi." Arnav said smiling at Anjali. He glanced at Khushi and her heart fluttered. Did he feel the same way she felt? Her heartbeats started racing.

"What?" Anjali asked, clearly not expecting that.

"Anji .. wait dear.. let me just finish..."Arnav was interrupted by his phone. He answered and spoke up.

"Come on in" he said to his phone.

A pretty girl, probably in her late 20's came in. She was wearing a yellow saree. Khushi's heart broke into a million pieces. No no no. This can't be happening.