Epilogue

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

When Arnav suggested to Khushi that Anjali and Rahul should stay with them, he did not know what was in store for them.

Rahul, professionally was a sports manager. Before coming to India, he had recently landed the job of an assistant to a scout with a Football team in Spain. He was all set to start that after his marriage. His job involved a lot of travelling to sort out the dates and money issues with any new recruit his boss found.

Marriage did not mean Anjali was ready to let go of her business completely. She decided to commute whenever possible, visiting her husband in various countries, mostly all over Europe. Anjali, when in Delhi, would be busy with her office work, being considerate enough to take up the larger chunk of work whenever she was available from Khushi's hands so that, her Bhabhi could spend time with Arnav.

So, technically, both Anjali and Rahul, were based out of Delhi, and more specifically the Raizada House, but it was rarely that Arnav got to see his sister or his brother in law.

"Anji, where are you?" Arnav asked finally managing to catch hold of her on the phone.

"What Bhai, I am at home. Where are you?" Arnav heard her ask. There was a hint of urgency in her tone.

"Ok, I will see you inside then." He said and abruptly ended the call.

Arnav was not expecting her to be at home. That never happened in recent times. He had called her up as soon as he had reached home and parked his car. He had made up his mind to sit and talk to her, even if it was just for a few hours.

Six months. She'd been married for six months and he'd only spent close to a week with her. Khushi, since she worked with Anjali got to spend a lot more time together. He was not complaining,

Wait

Scratch that.

He was complaining

Of course he was.

Arnav, Khushi and Anjali were close. Very close. He couldn't bear the thought of them drifting apart.

It was his birthday the next day and Anjali did not seem to be aware of it. Come to think of it, neither did Khushi. They couldn't forget, could they?

Arnav rang the bell and Hari Prakash opened the door to him.

"Get me my coffee."

"Ji Arnav baba." Hari Prakash said before he turned towards the kitchen.

"Bhai, thank god you are here. I thought I'd have to leave before telling you." Anjali said hugging her brother.

"Leave?" Arnav asked, bewildered at her nonchalant nature.

"Haan. I am leaving for Barcelona tonight. I thought I told you that. I must've forgotten." She said keeping a hand on her head. Her other hand was on a luggage bag, which he failed to notice earlier.

"No no no. Not again Anji." Arnav exclaimed.

"Kya bhai, you get to stay here at home and be with your wife everyday. I am struggling to keep my marriage together. We have to keep meeting all over the world, just to see each other for a few days. I can't ask him to give up his job, he loves his job way too much to do that. He could've asked me to give up mine, but he knows how much I like my job and respects me for it. So, we have to adjust.

"And you are leaving tonight?" He asked again, stressing a bit on the last word.

"Yeah."

"Okay, whatever. Where is Khushi?" Arnav asked throwing his blazer on the couch.