13

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

It was mehndi time. 

"What letter do you want in your mehndi?" the girl asked Khushi.

"A," she said before thinking and then corrected herself "no no, write Arnav"

"Okay"

Arnav was looking at Khushi from a distance. He saw the mehndi girl asking Khushi a question. As much as he knew about these things, she probably was asking her about the name or letter to be written in the mehndi. He saw Khushi smile while telling her Rahul's name.

How did Rahul get this lucky? - He asked himself.

'Because you are a coward.' - the answer came from within.

Arnav saw Khushi lovingly gaze at the Mehndi pattern on her hand, probably at the name written on it. His focus shifted to her sister who was sat next to the love of his life, laughing along at something Khushi said. He couldn't stand there and feel the pain of losing Khushi. He decided to go for a long drive.

Anjali meanwhile, had her mehndi beautifully done as well. After all, it was her wedding. Finally it was time for the sangeet.

Khushi was in a red and blue gagra choli and Anjali in red and green combination of the same. It was difficult to find who the actual bride was and that was just what the family wanted. 

"Arnav should not recognize whose marriage was taking place." -Rahul had told them.

Arnav was least interested in all these whereas Khushi and Anjali danced to various songs. He saw Khushi pulling Rahul into the dance and totally ignoring him.

'Why should she think of me? I'm just her friend and he, he is her to be husband' Arnav thought and this thought pained him.

Rahul after some time came and pulled Arnav into the dancefloor. He was least interested in that but still he danced for he wanted to dance with Khushi for some time. Now the music changed and everyone was dancing in pairs. Rahul was dancing with Khushi but he saw Anjali ask Rahul for a dance and Khushi left him. That felt so good. Arnav went to Khushi and took her hands for a dance. Probably this was the last time he was dancing with the love of his life. That felt so good to him.

The song that was playing in the background explained his condition well.

Teri Meri Meri Teri Prem Kahaani Hai Mushkil.

It was, wasn't it?

After the function Arnav and Anjali went back to RM. Khushi too joined them.

"Why Khushi why are you here?" Arnav questioned

"Why can't I be here, marriage doesn't mean we friends can't be together does it?"

"No Khushi, come on"

"And Arnav, the bride and groom in the same house doesn't make sense right? We are planning to have the bidaai from RM"

"That would be nice Bha..Khushi"

"What did you call her Anji?"

"What? I said that would be nice bhai, Khushi"

"Oh okay, we should go now."

"Arnav why don't we spend the night like we used to do on our birthdays"

"Really Khushi? Rahul won't have a problem with that?" Arnav asked.