12

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Khushi was in her room when she heard her father's car pull up.

"Arnav beta, how are you? Does it hurt badly?" Garima asked opening the door.

"No aunty, just a slight pain, I have the medicines."

"Go get freshened up beta, I will set up dinner by then." She was about to leave, but then turned to ask him, "Or would you like to have food at your home?"

"No problem aunty, I will join you all here. Not an issue."

"Okay beta, take care."

"Where is Khushi?" he asked as she hadn't come to greet him. That was odd. However busy she was, she usually had time for him. He remembered.

"She is probably in her room. She should be here. I will call her...." Before Garima could complete the sentence, she saw Arnav was climbing the stairs, moving towards Khushi's room.

"Khushi..."

"Hi." He had scared her when he abruptly showed up.

"Why are you avoiding me?" he asked, not bothering to greet her back.

While Shashi went to pick Arnav up, Khushi was actually busy hiding their wedding pictures in spots he wouldn't notice. She couldn't tell him that, could she?

"And Khushi, why did you disappear from the hospital?" He almost shouted. He was obviously angry.

"I did not disappear Arnav. I told you before I left. Also, don't use your ASR tone with me. You know it won't work." Arnav nodded in response and she continued patiently, "Arnav I had important work to do here." She said, unable to come up with a better excuse.

"More important than me?"

"Why not bhai? Uncle and aunty are busy looking for a proposal for her and today one guy had come to meet her even" Anjali and Rahul had joined them in Khushi's room. Khushi was grateful for Anjali's timely response, but her point had Khushi shocked.

"What?"

Even though Khushi was shocked at Anjali's reasoning, she decided to play along when Anjali winked at her. Rahul was suppressing a smile.

"Yeah Arnav and before you start protesting, I remember you had told me that you will be the one selecting a guy for me. But, to be honest, I think that has to be my decision. And so  will it be." Khushi informed him.

Arnav was too shocked to respond and he just walked off from there. He was hurt and Khushi knew that. She wanted to run behind him. But then she had also convinced herself that he needed to do something to indicate to her that he was interested. It was not going to be her always, the one taking the first step. That decision of hers was final and no one could change her mind on that. 

"I'll go give him his medicines along with his dinner so that he will sleep soon and we can get some planning done." Anjali said.

Arnav did finally decide to have dinner in his room. Shashi and Garima felt bad, but Rahul convinced them this was for a better and happier future.

Anjali made sure that Arnav had taken the pills prescribed by the doctor and was fast asleep before she locked the doors and went to Gupta house.

"Hey guys, I am back." she announced as she went up to the living room where Khushi, Rahul, Shashi and Garima were waiting for her.

"And my husband?" Khushi enquired, obviously she was concerned.

"Oh my dear Bhabhi, the love of your life, the great Arnav Singh Raizada is fast asleep after taking those pills." Khushi rolled her eyes at Anjali's dramatic response.