8

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Anjali and Khushi reached the latter's room and she started organizing Arnav's clothes which were spread on the bed while the brother sister duo started talking about the old days. Arnav was almost okay now except for the childish behaviour at times. The doctors had told her that he also should be okay very soon. Otherwise, they'd have to start therapy sessions for him. 

"Khushi do you remember our first meeting?" Anjali asked, pulling Khushi to sit beside her on the couch.

"Why won't I Anji? My parents and I had come here and I fought with you because you took my favourite doll, the one I kept with me at all times. And Arnav here, he pushed me because I pulled your hair"

"Yeah that day I did not think that we would become so close that it would become impossible to survive without each other" Anjali admitted to her best friend.

"Anji, you don't know what I went through when the accident took place and after you both..." Khushi said as she teared up.

"Leave it Khushi, we should talk about our happy moments. Leave those sad ones. I am just glad that you did everything possible for us in the worst of time. I am so proud of you. I love you so much."

"I love you too Anji and yes, you are right, what will we get remembering the bad stuff anyway."

"Khushi we should play something" Arnav suggested, talking to the girls for the first time in a while. The girls had infact forgotten that he was there too.

"Play? What should we play?"

"Let me think" Anji said

"No Anji darling I'm not interested in your games." Arnav said and Khushi shouted at the same time. Khushi said that because she remembered the last time they played Anjali's game while Lavanya was with me. But, why would Arnav say no? Should she ask him, she wondered.

"Why not bhai? Oh and you Khushi just agreeing with your husband? And what more should I expect from you, you have always been on his side." Anjali scoffed. Khushi knew Anjali was just being her normal self, and so she didn't bother arguing.

"Anji???" Arnav gave her a questioning look.

"Ok okay, I give up. we don't need to play anything, we should just reminisce about the past."

"Okay" Arnav said and continued, "anything my darling Behna wants, she gets."

"Oh, now the brother sister duo is on the same side?"

"YES" Arnav and Anjali shouted at Khushi.

"Ok fine. Now Anji do you remember my eighth birthday?" Khushi winked at Anji and that went unnoticed by Arnav.

"Yeah I do, we were enjoying a lot and then Rahul came there, right?" Anjali answered as she thought back to that day.

"Yes and he hid my gifts which you both gave me"

"And I bashed him like hell" Arnav finally spoke up.

Khushi was now wondering whether Arnav had actually been diagnosed with mental trauma and the after effects of it or if he was just pretending he wasn't well.. Most of the times he acted as if things were normal.

"And Khushi the next year he was back again and he apologised to us and still, he pulled my hair on my birthday."

"Yes, and I complained about him to his dad and got scolding myself from my mother." Khushi said with a sad face.