11

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Khushi and Rahul held Arnav as they rushed to find a stretcher. Anjali was parking the car. Soon enough the attendants had reached them and rushed Arnav to the OT. He had a huge cut on his forehead and Khushi had his blood all over her saree. She saw Dr. Kapoor Approaching the room Arnav was taken to and rushed to his side.

"Dr. Kapoorrrr...  Arnav.... he.. he fell down the stairssss...., doctor..... Blood... everywhere blood...."

"Don't worry Mrs. Raizada. Relax. Please take care of yourself. Let me go to him." Khushi didn't realise she was blocking the doctor from getting to Arnav. Anjali had joined them and gently held Khushi by the shoulders and moved her from the doctor's path. The doctor was inside, patching up the injury for about half an hour. Khushi's tears wouldn't stop flowing. Anjali was somehow holding herself together. Rahul's presence helped. His hand on her shoulder assured Anjali somehow her brother was going to be fine. She knew she had to be the rock this time, like Khushi was there for them the previous time.

Once the doctor exited the operation theatre, the two girls rushed to him, with Rahul close behind. The doctor informed them that he had patched up the injuries and it was difficult to say anything until he gained consciousness. Rahul left the girls to go make some calls. 

Soon enough, Arnav was shifted to a private room and the girls waited there, on either sides of his bed. After almost an hour of agony for Khushi, Arnav gained consciousness. Khushi was in the room with him. Anjali and Rahul had stepped out to get them something to drink.

"Arnav, how are you feeling? Does it hurt? I am an idiot, obviously it hurts. Are you okay? I should call the doctor." She rambled on. She pressed the button to indicate to the staff that the patient needed attention.

"Khushi? Stop. I'm fine. Don't panic. And please tell me what happened?"

He didn't remember? – Khushi let the thought pass.

"What? Arnav, you fell down the stairs."

"Oh, I don't remember that. How is Anji? What did the doctor say?" he asked and at the same time Khushi saw Doctor Kapoor at the entrance of the door to Arnav's room. 

"Arnav, you take rest, I'll be back soon. Khushi can you please come with me?" Dr. Kapoor asked instead of coming in to check up on him. Khushi nodded in response and followed him to hiscabin. Rahul and Anjali saw Khushi going in with the doctor, Rahul decided to go with her while Anjali went to Arnav's room.

"Doctor, please tell me what exactly is the matter? You are scaring me." Khushi asked when the doctor pointed at the seat she could occupy. She reluctuntly sat down and Rahul took the seat next to her.

In response, the doctor shared with them the MRI scan images of Arnav's head. He explained to them that the injury had made him bring out the images of Anjali's accident, the ones he was trying to supress. That along with the fact that he was happy and saw Anjali beside him everyday.

"Are you telling me he is okay now?" She had to be sure.

"Yes Khushi. But, there seems to be a minor problem."

"What?"

"He seems to have forgotten what happened in the days after the accident."

"But doctor.."

"I believe he was behaving normally with everyone around. Just like he would normally."

"He was, in fact, my presence in fact brought out his possessive and protective nature even." Rahul contributed and Khushi nodded.