9

Please make sure to vote and Comment. Happy Reading :)

***********************

Rahul and Anjali were hugging each other.

"Anji? Rahul? What is going on here?" Khushi was shocked to see what happened just now in front of her.

"Khushi let me explain" Rahul started. But Khushi raised her hand, asking him to stop.

"I don't need any explanations"

"Khushi Bhabhi..."

"No need to call me Bhabhi Anji, I've seen everything"

"But..."

"Anji I have seen everything I need to see. I know you love him. I've known since we were young that you have a soft spot for him. Why did you hide it from me, your best friend?"

"Just like you hid it from me?" Anjali asked.

"Well, touché." What else could Khushi say.

"Khushi, I love Rahul. I did not mean to hide it from you but, everything happened so fast that I did not get time to talk to you. I never in my dreams expected him like me back, else I would have told you before itself unlike you. You could always read our faces like an open book, and when it came to you, you hid everything deep inside. You hid your feelings for bhai from both me and him and you chose Lavanya as the one who would know your secrets. Yeah Khushi, I know everything. Lavanya had told me everything when we were going to the temple just before the accident. I know that you loved bhai since we were teenagers.. Once you should have told him, at least me, but why did you keep this truth away from us Khushi?"

"Lavanya, she is so nice. I asked her not to say all this to Arnav and she, she chose to tell everything to you so that Arnav will know about it. Nice girl, how can god be so cruel to someone like her?"

"Khushi that is not the answer to my question." Anjali deadpanned. She agreed with Khushi about Lavanya, but there was no point dwelling in the past.

"I know Anji, actually I wanted to disclose this to you both on my birthday, as every year he asks me what I want and this time I was prepared to tell him that it is him that I wanted, but after what happened on your birthday I was just...you don't know how it feels like, then I thought may be considers me just like you, as a little sister so I thought it would be better to stay away, to stay as a friend else I would end up on the losing side, losing my best buddies even. I was happy from a distance than ruining everything completely. You know what scares me the most these days? I stay awake every night thinking how Arnav would react once he gets back to normal. I am afraid he will hate me and he would push me away. I...I..." Khushi had tears in her eyes while saying all these.

Anjali hugged her sister in law when she saw her trembling, lost for words.

"Shhh...I'm sorry Khushi, I had once felt that you love bhai but then I thought it might just be a misunderstanding on my part. I should've asked you about it."

"See, even you had a doubt but your bhai, he never knew. Probably he doesn't see me like that. I am scared Anji."

"Khushi please stop crying" Anjali said wiping the tears away from her Bhabhi's face. Khushi took a few minutes to compose herself. Rahul was just looking at the scene unfolding in front of him. He wished he hadn't wasted time irritating them in their childhood. He could've had a bond like that. He had friends, but no one as close like Khushi Anjali and Arnav were to each other. He knew for a fact no one would marry him if it was him in Arnav's place.