Irene x Reader (part 3)

The last part is here!

(I found this photo in google and omg the kid looks exactly like Irene so

(I found this photo in google and omg the kid looks exactly like Irene so... we're gonna pretend this is Joohyeon)

Both adults stood there, staring at each other with big eyes and mouths wide open.

From the door, the little girl was also staring at them, wondering what was wrong with her dad and teacher and why they weren't talking.

"Daddy?" She walked closer to her dad and pulled his sleeve, making him look down at her after blinking a couple times.

"Baby..." he swalloed. "Why don't you go outside and wait for me at the playground. Hm?" He asked and Joohyeon furrowed her brows, still worried about both of them.

"Okay..." she whispered then quickly made her way out, leaving them alone.

He sighed.

"Joohyun" he called her name again and she closed her eyes, tears running free down her cheeks by now.

"That's our daughter" It wasn't a question. It was pretty obvious to her.

"Yes" He said, and another silence fell upon them.

Y/N looked at her, he saw how broken she looked, saw the tears covering her face, her red nose and cheeks, and shook his head sadly, walking towards her at a terribly slow pace.

Once he was in front of her, he circled her boy with his arms and hugged her. Lightly and carefully at first, but tightly once she didn't pull away and started sobbing desperately.

He cried with her. They both cried while in each other's embrace, and then they felt free. Like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders.

They didn't know how much time they spent in that embrace, but when they finally pulled away and looked at each other's eyes there was nothing but love and understanding.

"I can't believe your parents did all this" Y/N spoke finally, then added. "No wait, I actually can believe it. They've always been terrible" His hands turned into fists to his sides and Irene took them in her own hands, making Y/N unclench them.

"Let's not talk about them. This is good, today is a good day. Today we're reunited and my parents can do nothing about it now. Not anymore" she said and Y/N looked at her with hope in his eyes.

"Are you sure?" He asked and she nodded with a smile.

"I am. Now let me meet my daughter. Officially." She smiled and so did he, walking hand by hand to the playground, where they found a very worried Joohyeon sitting in one of the swings.

"Hey there butterfly" Y/N let go of Irene and walked towards his daughter, kneeling down in front of her.

"Daddy! Am I in trouble?" She pouted and her dad tapped her head with a smile.

"Of course not, baby. Come here, I wanna introduce you to somebody" he held her little hand and together they walked back to were Irene was standing, with a soft smile but a face full of tears still.

Joohyeon looked at her and frowned.

"But daddy, I already know miss Irene. She's my teacher, remember?" The kid put her hands in her waist looking at her dad.

"I know, but she's also someone else" he answered and the kid looked at Irene with curiosity again.

Until she noticed she was full on crying again.

"Miss Irene!" The kid ran up to her and hugged her leg, making Irene come down to her level and hugged her tightly. "Why are you crying?" Joohyeon cupped Irene's face in her hands and looked at her even more worried than before. "Was my daddy mean to you?" The kid asked even though she had never seen him being mad at anyone before.

Irene shook her head and cupped the kids face as well, kissing her forehead with a smile.

"I'm ok princess. I'm just happy" she said, which made the little girl confused.

"But you're crying..." she couldn't understand how a person can cry if they're happy. She still had a lot to learn.

"They're called 'tears of joy'" Irene explained and Joohyeon's eyes opened with surprise.

"Can I cry like that too?" She wanted to know and both adults chuckled with silly smiles.

"You will one day" Irene said and she stood up, taking the kid's hand and looking back at Y/N.

"Daddy why did you want me to meet miss Irene again?" The kid had not forgotten what her dad had told her and she looked at him confused, waiting for her dad to finally let her know.

"Oh, that's because miss Irene is also your"-

"Friend" Irene interrupted him and he furrowed his brows. Did she not want her daughter to know she's her mom?

Joohyeon's wish had always been to meet her mom.
Even though she knew that couldn't happen.

So why was Irene doing this now?

"Joohy... Irene" Y/N corrected himself. "Can we talk for a minute?" He asked and Irene nodded.

"Hey, would you dig a hole for me in that sandpit? Then I'll join you and we'll build a castle. How does that sound?" She asked the kid, who nodded eagerly before running towards the sandpit and start digging.

She smiled sweetly then turned towards Y/N, who didn't look that happy.

"Her friend?" He asked with a raised brow and she sighed, pulling him by the wrist until they sat down at a bench.

"You can't just tell her that I'm her mother out of nowhere. You know the effect that's going to have in her?" She asked and Y/N looked down, the situation finally clicking in his head.

How could he had thought that everything was gonna be that easy? They should talk between themselves first in order to talk to Joohyeon and let her know everything once they were all ready.

All of them.

"So what should we do?" He asked, looking back at her, who was already looking at him.

"We'll go step by step. Why don't we go out for lunch tomorrow and see how she reacts? Let me into her world as a friend, and when she trusts me enough, we'll talk about the rest." She said and Y/N nodded, agreeing to her plan.

"And what about us?" He asked and they both avoided to look at each other. Cheeks flushing red at the same moment.

"Well, we could do the same. Let's get into each other's world and see how it goes from there" she smiled at him and he smiled back.

Their hands linking automatically, making them both sigh contently, while looking at their daughter.

They definitely were giving this a chance.

—————————

Sooo that was the final part of this shot! I hope you liked all three of them

Twice coming next... who's ready?? Wkfkskfks I know I am

Thank you and see you soon x