The Figure on The Roof. (1)

Y/N's POV
I sit in my seat impatiently waiting for the bell to ring so this stupid test can be over. "psst... Y/N-san" I turn around to see Saikito Mutsoko a boy in my class, who seems to just adore making people miserable. "What is it Mutsoko-kun?" He throws a crumpled paper onto my desk. I open it it says 'tell the girl behind you she looks like a daikon' with a laughing face. I throw it back at his head.

The girl behind me is my good friend Yashiro Nene. I never did have a problem with her legs although they do look like daikons... I never teased her about it. We talk to each other quite often.

Finally after what seemed like an hour the bell rings. LUNCH! Finally! I didn't have breakfast today...

I grab my lunchbox and begin to walk to the roof until Yashiro-san stops me.
"Y/N- san!" I turn around to look at her "Hello, Yashiro" She gives me an unexpected hug. "Do you want to eat lunch with me?" I think for a second. I normally eat with her everyday... but today I feel like eating alone.

"Sorry Yashiro but I feel like eating alone today" she gives me a sad pout. "Aw... ok.." she gives me yet another hug and walks away waving to me.

I walk up the stairs to the roof and push the doors open. I see a boy in a kimono standing at the edge of the roof. "Hello?"

— End of chapter one —
Total word count: 262