17

Her feet were bleeding.

But Jennie didn't care. Lisa matters the most at the moment. Though she's bleeding, she blames herself as it's the least she can do, because Lisa used to do the same to her, and without the other party knowing.

Eyes were on her state, egging on their curiosity about the girl looking all desperate and panting hard. None tried to help or ask about.

Traces of blood were visible at some point of her destinations. Their schools, the basketball court, the ice cream stand on a park, everywhere that Lisa had step a foot at, name it, Jennie went there. She also traces back her steps to several places to see if she misses a spot.

Only God knows how Jennie is still running when she's on the edge of falling down.

But she didn't care, because Lisa matters more.

That's when until her fatigue really hits her like a sudden wrecking ball on her knees, unaware of its coming. Jennie fell on a bench in the park, the park where she went to for the fifth time, including her current arrival.

She fell down hard with her head hang low and pale. She clenches the edge of the bench trying to fight back the urge to burst once more. At that time, she realizes that there's no more room left in her for the fact that guilt has taken over them.

"Lisa..."

She clenches harder.

"Lisa..."

Jennie wondered where could Lisa have been, despite that she hasn't seen her for 2 days already, thousands of ideas came crashing down.

Where could she be staying? Have she eaten? Is she lost? Lisa sure had learned a few things but that's when she's under either any of their eyes. Is there a hope if any of her friends found her and took her home but then they'll wonder why she was away? Or worse, did Jennie's past thought has finally came true? That Lisa is kidnapped?

Jennie breaks down.

The sun is setting from her view of the ground albeit her blurry vision. It's too late.

But before Jennie could get up, a shadow came into her sight, shadowing the sunset light from her bare feet. She was about to apologize, maybe that she's a bother in some way to the owner of the shadow, until the person spoke.

"Your feet is bleeding."

That voice.

Jennie thought she must be seeing and hearing stuff because the person who just spoke to her sounds exactly like Lisa. She's scared to lift her head, scared that she was right.

"Why are you crying?" The person squats down. The person's face is still in her sight. And so she blinks, making the last tear fall and clearing her view.

It's Lisa.

Jennie can't believe it. The person that she had been looking for is in front of her, holding a yellow-coloured balloon, looking at her as if nothing ever happened.

"Here, take this! Don't cry!" Lisa hands the balloon to her and quickly takes out a hankie, "Stay put, this might hurt a bit!" she lift Jennie's left foot carefully and daps the clothe. It hurts, honestly, but Jennie didn't move. Eyes widen, she keeps them locked on Lisa. Has she gone crazy that Lisa is actually touching her?

"Jen!"

"Unnie!"

Another 3 familiar voices call her out from behind.

"Jen where have- Lisa!!" Chaeyoung pace increases and so did the others when they heard the name, running to Jennie.

Lisa was shocked when Yeri crashed herself on her, making her fall back flat. "Lisa!!!" Yeri cries on her chest, pushing herself to her more if that's possible. The little one must have missed her too much, "Don't leave like that! You're scaring me!!!" she says in between sobs.