[October] - Strictly Stumbles

"Holy shit, was that Neil Jones?" Caspar whispered into Dianne's ear. "That looked like Neil Jones."

Dianne giggled as she continued to stroll down the Elstree Studio back hallways, her roommates and Evie in tow. It was a few weeks into the Strictly season - she and Rev had been sadly eliminated early on, leaving her Saturday schedule at the studio quite a bit more relaxed...though definitely a bit more boring. In an effort to spice up her weekend (and hopefully avoid the sadness that resulted in being one of the first couples eliminated), she had invited Joe, Caspar, Oli and Evie to watch the show. They had arrived early, before she'd even been brought into hair and make up so she could give them a little tour.

"That's because it was Neil Jones," Dianne continued to giggle at Caspar's look of shock. The fact that her roommates had gotten so into the show was proof to how genuine their friendship had become, and it warmed her heart a bit each time she thought about it.

"And that's Janette," Dianne pointed through the wardrobe room, waving at her friend who enthusiastically waved back. "And there's Anton...Karen...Kevin..."

She watched as they all nodded politely saying hello in a much more subdued fashion than she was used to, causing her to giggle again as she realized they must have had a conversation about being on their best behavior.

"You guys are allowed to talk you know," she smirked as she glanced back at the group.

Oli cleared his throat first, "Where's Luba?"

Caspar elbowed him harshly in the ribs, "Shut up Oli! I'm dating Ambar now!"

Dianne quirked an eyebrow toward the blonde, "Oh you are?" Is it official?"

"What do you mean by 'official'?" Caspar shot her a quizzical look as she led them toward the "Star Bar".

"Like is she your girlfriend?" Dianne questioned. "You've talked about being in a relationship?"

Caspar looked at her in shock, "Absolutely not!"

Dianne rolled her eyes, pushing open the door and gesturing to the comfy chairs and sofas, "But you don't want to meet Luba?"

Caspar flopped down onto an arm chair and crossed his arms looking confused.

"Don't try and reason with him," Joe rolled his eyes, sitting on the sofa next to Dianne. "He's impossible when it comes to relationships."

"Says the man who's allergic to all forms of commitment," Caspar shot back, before looking around in awe. "What is this place?"

"It's called the Star Bar," Dianne grinned. "Where the celebrities hang out before and after their dances when they're not on the balcony watching."

"So cool," Evie hummed. "I can't believe you work here."

"It is pretty cool," Dianne nodded. "Still doesn't feel real honestly. Especially since I only made it a couple weeks..."

She felt Joe shift a bit closer to her on the sofa at the slightly self-deprecating tone in her words. She turned her head to look at him and noticed he had a hint of concern behind his big blue eyes.

"At least you weren't the first one voted off," Oli piped up from the other side of the room, causing Dianne to break the intense eye contact between her and Joe. Smiling toward her other roommate, she shrugged.

"That's true I guess. Was just hoping to stay a bit longer...but Rev did his very best and that's all I can ask."

"And you did too," Joe shot her a pointed look, nudging her side. "We saw how much time you put in."